Cricket Thread

1 lurker | 107 watchers
Sep 2022
5:51pm, 29 Sep 2022
2,227 posts
  •  
stuart little
What an escape that is, though I can't say I was confident that Warks could stay up for most of this year...
Sep 2022
7:30pm, 29 Sep 2022
18,463 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Maybe Yorkshire might be allowed a batting lineup next year.

Too many IPL/hundred/other rubbish getting in the way.

The women did manage to win the RHF trophy, but all in a disappointing season.
Sep 2022
11:29pm, 29 Sep 2022
9,051 posts
  •  
Dooogs
There's an argument that this is karma belatedly walloping YCCC (not that I actually believe in karma but...). Will be interesting to see which young bowlers are coming through, as the lack of a cutting edge (in the absence of Coad and Fisher, and with Patto finally waning) killed us in the first half of the season...
Sep 2022
12:53am, 30 Sep 2022
18,464 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Losing Root, Bairstow, Brook, Ballance, Willey, Malan for big chunks (all) of the season is never going to help

Plus Thompson, Coad and Fisher too

I'm a little concerned as Kohler-Cadmore is off, as is Waite and Willey and Patto retired today

Basically leaves them totally reliant on Lyth and Hill coming off. There's no other batting.

And the bowling on Bess, Coad and Fisher

Can't win too many games when you're playing with half a team.doubt they'll be coming back up next year.
Sep 2022
5:24pm, 30 Sep 2022
17,716 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
Maybe Yorkshire might be allowed a batting lineup next year. Harry Brook ended the season with a county championship average of 107.44 - probably fair to expect that he's going to miss a fair chunk of next season playing for England, too.
Sep 2022
7:10pm, 30 Sep 2022
583 posts
  •  
OverTheHillToo
You could say, he was worth his salt.

Get's coat.

Looking forward to the decider on Sunday.
Oct 2022
12:32pm, 1 Oct 2022
18,469 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
"Harry Brook ended the season with a county championship average of 107.44 - probably fair to expect that he's going to miss a fair chunk of next season playing for England, too."

Yeah, looks like we'll miss Root, Bairstow, Brook and Malan for pretty much the whole of next season.

Ballance is probably never going to play again and there are three offski. Leaves the batting cupboard exceptionally bare.

And the bowling dept isn't deeply stocked either.

Either need some players in or some youngsters need to make the leap. We'll see.
Oct 2022
12:34pm, 1 Oct 2022
18,470 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Patto retires. bbc.co.uk

Am v surprised he wasn't offered another year on his contract.
Oct 2022
1:02pm, 1 Oct 2022
17,408 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I’ve really enjoyed the Pakistan T20 series. Lovely to see Moeen in great form with the bat as captain

Good crowds and seems to have been played in a good spirit
Oct 2022
1:27pm, 1 Oct 2022
5,221 posts
  •  
Oscar the Grouch
Closely matched teams makes for good entertainment across the formats. Agree, this has been a good one.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP