Crawley Dead Zone - help!

1 watcher
Apr 2012
4:13pm, 16 Apr 2012
11,634 posts
  •  
Homer
Hi fetchies....this week I'm mainly staying in Crawley....yes...Crawley....I've been here for a bit and am frankly struggling for nice or interesting places to run.....any suggestions?
Apr 2012
4:22pm, 16 Apr 2012
2,905 posts
  •  
southcoastpete
Lucky you Homer :)

Get yourself upto Tilgate Park. Theres a lovely lake to run round, and a few trails through the woods that are nice.

Also, just behind Three Bridges station there is the Worth Way that goes all the way to East Grinstead. Its a disused raliway line, now part of the national cycle network. Quite good to run on, and you wont get lost, as its literally out and back.

I'd join you, but my legs are officially trashed after maintaining my 100% record in the Brighton maraton yesterday :)
Apr 2012
4:25pm, 16 Apr 2012
11,637 posts
  •  
Homer
Ta :-)
Apr 2012
5:02pm, 16 Apr 2012
107 posts
  •  
Dougie.
And beyond Tilgate Park there are trails in to Tilgate Forest, which is either side of the M23. More potential for getting lost there. Can also run in to the forest from the K2, where you could do a track session?
Apr 2012
5:07pm, 16 Apr 2012
7,490 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
That's all very sound advice. If you stray beyond Tilgate Park be sure you'ge going to be able to find your way back. Worth Way is not brilliantly signposted.

If you're around Manor Royal I could meet you at lunchtime on Wednesday, late meetings permitting.
Jun 2022
11:58pm, 2 Jun 2022
17,162 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Is the Crawley Dead Zone like the Dead Zone on Everest?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Homer
Hi fetchies....this week I'm mainly staying in Crawley....yes...Crawley....I've been here for a bi...