Coventry Half Marathon 2012

1 watcher
Sep 2012
11:01am, 4 Sep 2012
777 posts
  •  
Pace
Hi all. Only 12 Fretchies confirmed for this. But I have a question about the route. I last did this in May 2010, and I hear rumours, whispers if you will, that the route has changed since then? Anybody know how the new route compares to the old one in terms of hill etc? Does it still go through Warwick Uni campus and Memorial Park etc, or has it been totally shifted?
Oct 2012
8:19pm, 8 Oct 2012
1,702 posts
  •  
Q Mac
Added today, will be mostly wearing MTP carrying bergen - look for the 12 fools carrying weight and running in boots! I shall surrepticiously throw a Fetch t-shirt on my bergen!
Oct 2012
8:25pm, 8 Oct 2012
571 posts
  •  
Mick n Phil
we should be there

not bothered how the course goes tbh

we'll just run till we get to the end
Oct 2012
8:27pm, 8 Oct 2012
1,704 posts
  •  
Q Mac
Hi Mick n Phil, be good to see you again, Gloucester seems an age ago
Oct 2012
9:24pm, 8 Oct 2012
5,061 posts
  •  
Ness
I ran it last year but Leicester is on the same day & I fancied a change. I though the course wasn't as nice as when I did it in 2010, don't know if they've changed it again though.
Oct 2012
11:51am, 15 Oct 2012
1,716 posts
  •  
Q Mac
Yes, they blooming well did Ness! Counted at least 7 uphills! Really good day and brilliant fun. The spectators and marshal were awesome as always, they gave us all a great deal of support *Star*
Oct 2012
2:56pm, 24 Oct 2012
787 posts
  •  
Pace
I really liked the new course. Some fairly tough hills, but being a circuit course, what goes up a tough hill must come down a fast hill, so it probably balances out pretty well, and most of the ups are in the first half. It's one of the most rural big city half marathons I've ever seen!

Marshalls and spectators were tremendous too.

Special kudos to the most efficient return of baggage at the end ever. There was a woman on watch as I walked up to the tent shouting out numbers and a nice lady handed my bag to me as soon as I walked into the tent.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Pace
Hi all. Only 12 Fretchies confirmed for this. But I have a question about the route. I last did this...