Could do with some quick shoe advice please chaps and chapesses

1 watcher
Jan 2015
10:03am, 6 Jan 2015
19 posts
  •  
LS21
Hi HB I don't normally post on here but can prob help with this as I work at one of the Sweatshop stores.

I'm guessing the 50% thing is via Pru Health? If so ordering online via this is tricky when you come to pay (and thus apply the discount) - so Customer Services is the way forward, although it seems you can't actually get through via that!!

Re the shoes themselves - the Ravenna is a mild support shoe, the Ghost is neutral. Not a huge difference but it is a slightly different type of shoe. The Glycerin is also neutral, as is the Saucony Ride. I'd agree with the poster who said Brooks and Saucony tend to have a similar fit too.

The two Mizuno shoes you've mentioned are also neutral, but Mizuno have a pretty wide toe box. They suit some, not others. So I'd recommend at least trying a pair on beforehand if you could.

The Omni is quite a high support shoe. It's a lot more supportive than the Ravenna. Great shoe but not sure it's the best one for you based on the above.

And then there are the trail shoe options as mentioned. Decent deals on these too, and for info all these tend to be neutral but a bit less cushioned than road shoes for obvious reasons.

Hope this helps a bit anyway. Cheers
Jan 2015
10:13am, 6 Jan 2015
4,754 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Thanks LS, very helpful post :-) Finally got through to someone who said I had to email the order over. Had an autoreply saying it could take 48 hours for the response, and work are telling me the plan finishes at midnight tonight, so may not make this :-( I have gone for the Brooks Ravenna, if the order goes through. From precious experience, and your post, I think they would be the best for me. If they don't work out I can always send it back, but wanted to at least try and get an order in with this offer.

Just wish work had told me in December it was ending the policy!
Jan 2015
10:17am, 6 Jan 2015
20 posts
  •  
LS21
Is it the Pru Health thing? If so I don't think we've been told anything about it ending but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Sports Direct now own 49.9% of the company with Hugh Brasher retaining 50.1%. But the latter has nothing at all to do with how the business is run now, so for all intents and purposes we've effectively been taken over. And thus all the policies have changed/are changing.

If you have no joy re sorting this just drop me an fmail and I'll see if I can sort something from my end. Hopefully it goes through ok though, especially since they've got your order today so it's within the timeframe you've been given.

Good luck anyway!
Jan 2015
10:24am, 6 Jan 2015
4,755 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
No, I mean my company is stopping the policy. Going to another health provider, which doesn't have this perk :-( If I don't hear anything in the next few hours you might get a panicked fmail from me!
Jan 2015
10:37am, 6 Jan 2015
21 posts
  •  
LS21
Ah ok no probs. You'll get these ok I think - have fmailed you!
Jan 2015
10:42am, 6 Jan 2015
4,756 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Thanks very much :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Hello :-)

1. I get 50% off shoes through Sweatshop via my work (even sale stuff).
2. Been told t...