Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Couch to 5K

13 watchers
Nov 2019
4:12pm, 18 Nov 2019
4979 posts
Corrah
That's brilliant progress panad, well done :) Best to just take it a bit slower. You should be able to hold a conversation.
12 May
5:44pm, 12 May 2020
19 posts
Mimz
Haven’t been for a run since 20th August last year but have decided to get back on it and have been out for my second run this afternoon! Feeling good and enjoying it even though it’s tough after not having been for such a long time! Decided not to restart C25k at the moment and just do a run round the block for about 15-20 mins and see how I feel then maybe start C25k in a week or so
12 May
6:25pm, 12 May 2020
5539 posts
Corrah
Lovely to hear from you Mimz. Make sure you give yourself enough time for a good warmup and cool down, however tempting is is to just get out there. It will help prevent any injuries and you don’t want one of them, especially as you are enjoying yourself so much :)
12 May
8:32pm, 12 May 2020
1654 posts
panad
Mimz - the c25k would build you up slower than going and doing a 15-20min run.. i started off with 1min run/x min walk when i re-started with c25k last autumn.

In seeing this thread popup again it’s really shown me how well i’ve done, and how far I’ve progressed sticking to a very steady (sensible) increase. This last weekend I did a 13mile long run (my longest so far since injury) :-) Overall I’ve learned one very big lesson - do things slowly and listen to your body and you will get there. (This in itself is a massive achievement for me!)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mimz
Hi I’m new to running and am doing couch to 5k and after any advice morale people can offer