Cotswold Marathon

6 watchers
Feb 2012
4:22pm, 20 Feb 2012
1,010 posts
  •  
clairster
the starting height was over 500ft though and the climb for the hill about 300ft..so nothing too dramatic there. to be fair, it was advertised as hilly & there was a conversation on here on saturday about the hill & which way it went. although beyond the limitations dont have the best website for info etc & it was a little disorganised at the start but it was a cracking race in a cracking setting :) and the marshalls were all fab!
Feb 2012
4:43pm, 20 Feb 2012
12,331 posts
  •  
hellen
Agree with C. Great race, I knew it would be hilly and hard but it is hard to imagine just how hard!!
Feb 2012
5:08pm, 20 Feb 2012
8,917 posts
  •  
paul a
To be fair there is only 1 big hill, you just do it 3 times. The rest is not too bad. Still a tough course though, not as hilly as the Cornish but one to avoid if you don't like hills.
Feb 2012
7:25pm, 20 Feb 2012
405 posts
  •  
Devoted2Distance
1 big hill but definitely a few inclines on the loop too. Just saying that personally, I found it tough. No point lying about it!

Not much of a finish line but what can you expect on such a low-key event.

Agree that marshals were fantastic.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Anyone ran this also anyone know how it compares to Gloucester Marathon?

I know both are hilly an...