Cortisone Injection for Hamstring Tendonitis

1 watcher
May 2013
12:55pm, 15 May 2013
1,342 posts
  •  
mile muncher
An MRI scan has shown that I have tendonitis at the hamstring inserter, plus a lowgrade bursitis at the same spot. It was recommended that I have a guided cortisone injection. I'm having this done next Tuesday. Many runners I've spoken to who've had injections said it was a waste of time, or the pain ultimately ended up coming back after a couple of months. I haven't spoken to anyone who had an injection for their hamstring, though.

Anyone had this and if so what's your opinion.

Thanks.
May 2013
1:00pm, 15 May 2013
1,183 posts
  •  
wiener dog
Don't know about hamstring tendonitis but had cortisone for wrist tendonitis was the best thing I did didn't come back - the injection stings like a bitch and makes it feel worse for about 48 hrs though. Am feelinng your pain with the bursis I have a cyst on my knee that keeps irritating the bursa and causes bursitis, I am riding it out at the mo as the cyst is being chopped out in two wks thank God.
May 2013
1:01pm, 16 May 2013
1,343 posts
  •  
mile muncher
Thanks WD - good luck - hope things get sorted out for you.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by mile muncher
An MRI scan has shown that I have tendonitis at the hamstring inserter, plus a lowgrade bursitis at ...