Correcting back problem?

3 watchers
May 2014
10:16pm, 21 May 2014
40 posts
  •  
pedro
I have recently suffered with tight to the point of pulled glute muscle and lower back weakness. My issues were definitely down to neglecting stretching and core strength. I have learnt my lesson big time and now try to concentrate on both much more often. Touch wood things have been good since.
May 2014
9:35pm, 23 May 2014
2,375 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
It's all a bit weird, really.

On Wednesday afternoon, the pain and stiffness had pretty much gone. I had run a litle on Wednesday morning... and during the afternoon, it really felt as if something had just relaxed. Emboldened, I ran further yesterday morning. Again, all was well... until the afternoon, when I made a movement (can't remember what), and my back went "Ow" and it was as if I could feel the tension coming back.

This morning I ran 7 miles, pretty slowly, and towards the end my back was really stiffening up. But I had a jolly good stretch and foam roll after that and was moving very freely and pain free. Then during the day, I've gone through several cycles of thinking I'm really stiff, and I'm really comfortable.

I think it's safe to say that there is no major problem... but also plenty of scope for strengthening, stretching and relaxing!!! I have read up a bit about chiropractic, googled some back exercises, and ordered the Back Sufferer's Bible from Amazon.

I'll get there. Actually, while I think on, I'll go and stick my wheat pillow back in the microwave for another dose :)
May 2014
5:03pm, 26 May 2014
2,391 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
My copy of The Back Sufferer's Bible arrived yesterday (only ordered it Friday!). Feeling better already :)
May 2014
9:58pm, 26 May 2014
3,368 posts
  •  
alpenrose
Hope you enjoy it - it'll be a bit quicker to read than your other Bible. ;-)
May 2014
9:25am, 27 May 2014
2,401 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
Although of course I'm reading the chapter about the stiff spinal segment, and hoping against hope that that's the only one that applies to me... because I don't much like the sound of the other bits. Much like my other Bible....
May 2014
9:29am, 27 May 2014
2,402 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
More seriously... it would appear that looking after your back is a lifetime's work for someone whose daily occupation means they sit a lot.

Ironic that the one bit of my job that most people know about- the Sunday Service - involves me standing up for an hour or more, interrupted by short breaks when someone else does the Bible reading. The rest of the time, I'm mostly sitting. Although I could be standing more, if I made myself do it. Easier said than done!
May 2014
11:37am, 27 May 2014
3,371 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I can't imagine you squatting in between during the service. :-)
May 2014
12:13pm, 27 May 2014
2,407 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
LOL!! A pulpit hides a multitude of sins.....

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RevBarbaraG
Went for a sports massage last week - with the intention of making it a regular thing. She had prev...