Coros users

21 watchers
Nov 2020
4:43pm, 16 Nov 2020
186 posts
  •  
SteveCRunner
Hi Sam, there is not a Coros website like you ask for. Personally, I plot routes on a variety of places, including runnermaps.nl and Strava. Not sure what you would look for in analytics, but I keep an eye on time in pace and heartrate zones, effort level and time to recovery
Nov 2020
6:54pm, 16 Nov 2020
720 posts
  •  
Snoot
Hi Sam I’ve just uploaded some screen shots to the gallery from the Coros app. Typically if you select any of the metrics it switches to landscape mode for more detail. Hope that helps?
Nov 2020
6:57pm, 16 Nov 2020
721 posts
  •  
Snoot
Also I tend to plot routes in Fetch or ViewRanger depending on where I’m heading and transfer these to the Coros app. What I’ve found is that the gpx import looses elevation data however the same happens with my Suunto so it’s not just a Coros issue!
Nov 2020
7:01pm, 16 Nov 2020
5,340 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
Apart from a slight concern about robustness, compared to the indestructible Sunnto, I am amazed at how brilliant the Coros is. Battery life is fantastic. The features are great.
Nov 2020
9:20am, 17 Nov 2020
189 posts
  •  
SteveCRunner
Snoot I have the same issue. I believe the elevation data is not present from some places. Apparently, you can tell if you use a text editor to look in the gpx file for <elevation> tags. Anyway, I get around that by first importing the file to my old Garmin account and then exporting the gpx again. Garmin adds elevation.
Nov 2020
11:04am, 17 Nov 2020
725 posts
  •  
Snoot
Thanks Steve will check the elevation tags and do some import/exporting
Nov 2020
2:23pm, 17 Nov 2020
792 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
Thanks guys, it's all interesting.

Am I right in thinking the navigation is just a route / breadcrumb trail, and not a full map? And no NFC payments?

I fear I am leaning towards a new Garmin, just because I already own 2 other garmin devices (handheld GPS and bike computer), so keeping everything in one "system" feels easier.
Nov 2020
5:26pm, 17 Nov 2020
728 posts
  •  
Snoot
Hi Sam, yes just route not full map although you can scroll in / out several levels unlike the Suunto I have which is just full or zoomed in. Also no NFC payments, which I thought I'd miss as I've ditched my Apple Watch series 2 and use the Coros as an everyday watch now as the battery is just so flipping good!!
Nov 2020
6:41pm, 17 Nov 2020
190 posts
  •  
SteveCRunner
Coming from a Fenix 5, one thing I appreciate on the Corus is that a breadcrumb trail remains centred as I progress, no matter how zoomed in or out it is. Fenix only stayed centred when it was on the default zoom. Since I run a lot of new trails in a trailrich area I value this. It wouldn't mean as much to people who have less choice or who tend to stick to the same routes.
Dec 2020
9:36pm, 10 Dec 2020
250 posts
  •  
SteveC amid the winters snow
I wonder if anyone will be getting a Coros for xmas? I have the smaller 42 mm Apex. I use the navigation trail most days, which uses more power, doing about 85 to 90 km per week and I charge once a week, usually with about 25 to 30% battery left. So even the smaller one has plenty of running time.

About This Thread

Maintained by NordRunner
Help, tips and experience with Corus sports watches.
support.coros.com
facebook.com