Coronavirus **support** thread

44 lurkers | 162 watchers
Sep 2022
10:33am, 19 Sep 2022
14,698 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
It's finally got me. I was at a work conference last week and at least one other person also picked it up there (almost certainly more as he's the only one I've heard from so far). So far I just have a runny nose and feel really tired, but not too bad.
Sep 2022
12:11pm, 19 Sep 2022
11,704 posts
  •  
Meeps
Get well soon YP
Sep 2022
1:45pm, 19 Sep 2022
36,770 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Just remember to take time to recover well YP - it can take longer than you think even if you don't feel particularly unwell.
Sep 2022
3:30pm, 19 Sep 2022
2,781 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
Yes, not keen on teaching without a mask when the university has effectively decided vaccines are enough, without, as far as I know, actually checking staff or student vaccination status.
Sep 2022
5:21pm, 19 Sep 2022
43,906 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
GWS YP. I'm fully expecting to get it from work some time. It's pretty busy back in our office, and really very few precautions left. :-) G
Sep 2022
9:37am, 21 Sep 2022
26,490 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Finally got me too. Had a ‘cold’ for nearly a week, Monday felt worse and started coughing but tested negative. Yesterday had to sit down for five minutes during a very gentle, husband-paced, flat walk. Very positive line quite quickly.

Feels like a very bad cold. Cooped up in campervan with husband, so unlikely he’ll avoid it it.
Sep 2022
9:48am, 21 Sep 2022
14,701 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
I'm feeling much better now. I haven't retested yet as I'm not planning to go anywhere before Friday anyway (I can WFH with no issues), but I've certainly been to work feeling far worse than this in the past.

I'm not sure exactly when the symptoms started to hit as last week was so busy that I was expecting to finish it feeling a little run down anyway. I wasn't surprised by feeling a bit tired until I realised it wasn't normal tiredness.
Oct 2022
2:08pm, 2 Oct 2022
15,195 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Took Mr Moo down for his booster today and ended up having mine done ✔️
Oct 2022
8:59pm, 2 Oct 2022
2,764 posts
  •  
PenW
I’ve come down with something: chills, cough, aches and pains etc. feels like a very bad cold (not had a cold for over 3 years so forget what they are like). Negative LFT but I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns positive at some point.

I usually recover from things fairly quickly so I’m hoping it won’t last too long. I still have to walk my young dog (even if briefly), otherwise he becomes a pest.

I think I’ll take some days off work, and treat it as though I do have covid.

Was due my booster jab tomorrow so have cancelled that! A team member has just come back after 2 weeks off with covid and another has it for the 3rd time and is working from home. I’ve not been with either before they went down with symptoms though.

I think the dog senses something is up and is a bit worried bless him. I’ve never been I’ll since I had him. And I live alone with him.
Oct 2022
9:01pm, 2 Oct 2022
65,171 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
No ill effects from my booster or flu jab on Friday.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s