Coronavirus **support** thread

520 lurkers | 162 watchers
Sep 2021
7:47am, 17 Sep 2021
7,975 posts
  •  
TeeBee
"However, if they are going to restrict non-vaccinated, there should be something for the "3%"...
Indeed. 3% is still a hell of a lot of people!
Sep 2021
1:07pm, 17 Sep 2021
780 posts
  •  
forest plodder
Yes, it is TeeBee. I certainly feel strongly that those of us who can be vaccinated owe it to people like Hann to take the opportunity.
Sep 2021
4:44pm, 20 Sep 2021
7,379 posts
  •  
Dooogs
Hi, all - random not-your-problem question, but grateful for any views please.

All six of us tested positive for C19 over the weekend (6 PCR tests). Lala, our eldest daughter, had already tested positive (LFT test) a few days earlier, on the 12th and was off school all last week.

As a result, her parents (us) and siblings have to self-isolate all this week - but Lala has been told by her high school that unless her symptoms persist, she should return to school this Thursday, 23rd Sept. We've flagged the fact that we're still self-isolating then to the school, and that she doesn't have friends or family nearby who could bring her to and from school instead (and her school bus pass application hasn't been processed yet - we live about 4 miles from the school, across a busy main road)- no response from the school yet, except to reiterate that her return date is this Thursday.

I'm still trying to work out what to do now - it feels like the options are:

a) Drive her to and from school - presumably illegally, even if I don't get out of the car;

b) Get a taxi to bring her to and from school solo, and hope she doesn't get abducted; or

c) Keep her at home all week (which she really doesn't want, and which will also have the school attendence team on our tail);

The technically correct answer is probably c) but I am tempted by a). It's also quite possible that I'm ill and sleepy and not thinking clearly...
WA
Sep 2021
5:11pm, 20 Sep 2021
9,073 posts
  •  
WA
Have you spoken to thd head of year? Marigold tested positive last year and we all had to isolate- she was able to go back to school but we had the same problem of her getting there. The school were actually really sensible and said she wasn't expected back until we were out of isolation and could take her. (I know it's a different school)
I'd be keeping her at home I think
Sep 2021
5:21pm, 20 Sep 2021
7,380 posts
  •  
Dooogs
Yup - got this from the school office this morning:

"Many thanks for letting us know. From my calculations, Lala is due back into school on Thursday 23 as day one of the 10 day isolation is Monday 13 September.

I have forwarded your concerns to her Head of House/Form Tutor. "

No word from either of those yet, though...
Sep 2021
5:25pm, 20 Sep 2021
17,101 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
So helpful!!
Sep 2021
5:27pm, 20 Sep 2021
4,971 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
How old is Lala Dooogs?
Sep 2021
5:32pm, 20 Sep 2021
7,381 posts
  •  
Dooogs
11 - just started Yr 7 (we think Covid may have been a welcome present from High School).
Sep 2021
5:35pm, 20 Sep 2021
8,351 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
Perhaps just tell the school that her “symptoms are persisting”!
Sep 2021
6:07pm, 20 Sep 2021
4,972 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I hope you'll get a sensible response from her Head of House/Form Tutor and that none of you are too ill with it.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s