Coronavirus **support** thread

162 watchers
Jun 2021
1:36pm, 24 Jun 2021
2,464 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Text from our youngest this morning - she's tested positive so is self-isolating for her final week and a half at Uni. Thing she seems most disappointed by is the fact she has to rebook her vaccination appointments.
Jun 2021
1:48pm, 24 Jun 2021
8,625 posts
  •  
KatieB
CumbriAndy...my boy has been in his house at Uni now for 2 weeks solid, and doesn't finish isolating til Sunday. He had to start isolating when his housemate tested positive, he then got symptoms and a positive test during that isolation so the clock started again. I will be picking him up on Monday.

So disappointed for him that this is how his first year of uni has ended.
Jun 2021
3:46pm, 24 Jun 2021
42,265 posts
  •  
DocM
so sorry for your offspring CA and Katie, like so many others they have done what is asked of them and they are the ones still suffering most restriction to their lives. My daughter (17) has two more weeks till the end of term, two year groups are self isolating, I fear she will end up in isolation before the term is out.
She would have the vaccine immediately if it was offered, I so hope we don't have to wait till september and go through all this again at the start of term
Jun 2021
3:56pm, 24 Jun 2021
2,465 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Thanks DocM and sorry to read your news too Katie. Being selfish, I suppose I should be grateful she's got this far into her final year without having to isolate but I still feel for her missing the last week with her Uni friends before they all go their separate ways. Now all she has to do is find a job - and therein lies the start of a whole other thread ...
Jun 2021
4:33pm, 24 Jun 2021
5,856 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
I really feel for these young ones getting their education messed up with Covid :(
Jun 2021
4:47pm, 24 Jun 2021
8,626 posts
  •  
KatieB
Thanks Doc and CA.

Just to add this is the second dose of Covid for my boy. He had it in November too....that immunity didn't last long.

CA - I do hope your lass gets lucky with the job search.
Jun 2021
8:16pm, 24 Jun 2021
52,779 posts
  •  
DrPhleecingD
I just blogged about this, Ds1’s girlfriend who I just met today has been told to quarantine as someone on her floor tested positive. Seems to be going through unis like wildfire again, and most of them not vaccinated yet. It will mess up their plans but hopefully l can still bring him home next week, she has to stay on longer.
Jun 2021
8:22pm, 24 Jun 2021
2,962 posts
  •  
fraggle
Fleecy - youngest is in a different college - there's about 60 isolating at Queens' and over 70 at Corpus which has mass testing going on :-o

I'll be glad when he comes home next week, and get this jab the week after
Jun 2021
8:28pm, 24 Jun 2021
52,780 posts
  •  
DrPhleecingD
Fingers crossed! Such a pity they couldn’t have jabbed uni students as soon as they realised the delta variant was so transmissible
Jun 2021
8:30pm, 24 Jun 2021
2,963 posts
  •  
fraggle
I know right ? cases rising just in time for them to take it home with them :-(

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s