Coronavirus **support** thread

162 watchers
Nov 2020
1:15pm, 25 Nov 2020
12,495 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
It does seem that the areas with higher cases first time are seeing less this time and like you said Roberto first time round NE was fairly low (with most cases due to the ridiculous decision to send covid patients back into care homes) and we definitely are being hit now.

We’ve had some outbreaks at work (contained due to the measures we’ve put in place) but of the people I know they are like me super careful but it’s caught up with them of course a few have come via the school group.

Thanks 😊G
Nov 2020
1:19pm, 25 Nov 2020
10,511 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Mum.had it first time around and knew of several people who died from it. This time around many more people I know have had hit in varying forms and at least one friend has died.

First time around our area was not high, sadly it is now increasing daily
Nov 2020
1:24pm, 25 Nov 2020
18,234 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Likewise I have very little contact with anyone affected.

My parents knew 2 of the very early deaths as they had been at school with a couple of guys who went to Rome for the Rugby and presumably caught Covid there.

One of my SiLs running friends who works as a nurse in a hospital had Covid but recovered

My Son's former Scout leader who is a hospital cleaner had Covid and recovered

My Niece was one of those infected when she went to Glasgow Uni but she was find after a few days.
Nov 2020
1:26pm, 25 Nov 2020
36,605 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'm interested in why people are experiencing more or fewer friends/family/acquaintances affected. Location, family / living status, employment type, social-ness (not a word, but you know what I mean).

I'm Fife, Scotland, married couple (no kids at home, son, gf and grandson more than 100 miles away, elderly Mum local, grown up niece nearby, younger sis and family in Engand, no other family in country!), wife and I both in IT and can and have worked remotely 100% (so no office, no commuting) and finally, social. Hmm... I guess stuck to all the rules and haven't minded much (miss seeing people, miss visiting more distant family, never really did hols anyway and chatting, run club mates, parkrun and races, and miss occasional cinema, theatre and dinner with missus, but otherwise, not wildly social anyway!)

Writing that, prob explains why I hardly know anyone with it! :-) G
Nov 2020
1:30pm, 25 Nov 2020
36,606 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Oh, that's poss better for the discussion thread, rather than this support thread. Sorry. I'll go post it over there. Not meaning to hijack. Apols.
Nov 2020
2:43pm, 25 Nov 2020
3,795 posts
  •  
ndellar
Glad you're feeling a little improvement Roberto.

Feeling more chirpy at the moment, may do a run up the road at 00:01 on Friday when my 14 days are up.

I've been on work calls all morning and I missed one from test and trace. How come I've had a call in the week, a few texts and a missed call today and husband / relative have had nothing!

I am a goody goody - the least likely person in the world to break the rules! :)
Nov 2020
2:58pm, 25 Nov 2020
12,497 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Ndellar I tested positive my husband didn’t he had a couple of test/emails and 3 phone calls I had the updated email following completing track & trace info to amend my freedom date but they never once rang me! Bonkers.
Nov 2020
3:18pm, 25 Nov 2020
28,307 posts
  •  
macca 53
Just had a message from my sister 😀😃. She’s feeling weak but improving and is still on a machine called an Airvo 2 (??). Her oxygen levels are improving and she’s now at 80%, so not quite out of the woods yet but welcome news 😀
Nov 2020
3:24pm, 25 Nov 2020
10,515 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Thats good news Macca
Nov 2020
4:08pm, 25 Nov 2020
15,996 posts
  •  
jennywren
That’s good news macca. Hope she continues to improve.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s