Coronavirus discussion thread

137 watchers
Oct 2022
2:54pm, 31 Oct 2022
19,499 posts
  •  
larkim
My better half was wiped out energy wise from the 1st and 2nd dose, had the Spikevax Moderna one this time and was wiped out for about 36 hours, but nothing more. She had flu jab at the same time as well.

Middle son has had all three with nothing more than a sore arm; I've only had two so far with only sore arm to report. Booked in for my third on Friday after work. Last time when I had the second I had a race the next day which seemed unaffected.
Oct 2022
4:22pm, 31 Oct 2022
23,449 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I had my Covid jab (Moderna) a couple of weeks ago and only had a sore arm for 6 days then my flu jab 2 days later and no after effects.
Nov 2022
7:58am, 1 Nov 2022
1,439 posts
  •  
Jaks
I had my flu jab 3 weeks before mu Covid booster as they had run out of boosters. Feeling much better today.
Nov 2022
7:37pm, 1 Nov 2022
3,860 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
Had no reaction whatsoever to last week's double jag. All my neighbours fine too.
Nov 2022
7:41pm, 1 Nov 2022
10,583 posts
  •  
sallykate
That's great Tim. Even the "common" side effects are only about 1 in 10 - so the majority don't experience anything.
Nov 2022
1:31pm, 4 Nov 2022
44,512 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
No side effects so far - 20hrs - more bruising on flu side than Covid side.

Mine was "Quadrivalent" apparently ! :-) G
Nov 2022
1:38pm, 4 Nov 2022
12,430 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
No reaction at all to the Covid booster 2 weeks ago (Pfizer) - I didn’t even feel it go in!
Had my flu jab on Tuesday, arm still sore and a large area of redness around the injection site.
Nov 2022
1:40pm, 4 Nov 2022
19,521 posts
  •  
larkim
4:55 this afternoon for mine (not sure if I'll get flu at the same time), hopefully no aftereffects; none expected as I didn't have them last time!

At least it means I can dodge out of work a bit early!
Nov 2022
11:10am, 5 Nov 2022
19,525 posts
  •  
larkim
Got double jabbed last night as planned, surprised to get Pfizer (so far I'd had Az, Az, Moderna) and felt fine. Set off on my date night run with better half and felt wobbly after about 3-4 miles (at wife's pace, which is about 2 min / mile slower than my usual easy pace) so took a short walking break and ploughed on to 7 miles. Felt a bit crap but after about 30 minutes after stopping felt ok again. Good night's sleep, sore covid upper arm and not quite 100% but I'll survive like a brave little soldier 🤣
Nov 2022
8:14pm, 6 Nov 2022
3,861 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
Still count my blessings daily. Genuinely! Don't get move along by police for sitting on a bench. Don't risk a fine for going to Edinburgh on the train. Don't have to shiver outside with my snack because the cafe is take-away. Don't have to fist bump, but can hug again. Don't have to mask to go into shop for a pint of milk.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.