•  
LindsD
Me too
Sep 2021
9:49pm, 21 Sep 2021
7,986 posts
  •  
TeeBee
Happy to donate but have heard that even if there are sufficient funds to buy vaccines, richer countries can swoop in offering more money for surplus vaccines, so the countries that most desperately need them still miss out. Anyone else heard this?
Sep 2021
7:44am, 22 Sep 2021
20,959 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
On bus to Work for the first time. Cant see a thing due to steamed up glasses. Will be glad when I get off :-(
Sep 2021
10:00am, 22 Sep 2021
5,253 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
Went to see Genesis at the Utilita Arena Birmingham last night. A large indoor arena (15k capacity). Overall felt fine - it's a very large space, and there felt to be an airflow. There was queuing to get in - but (obviously) that was outside. We were checked for covid pass / lft tests (although obviously as has been said here, these cannot be enforced if someone says they are exempt, and the lft is self-reported, so can be mis-reported as negative). It was crowded in the "corridors", but it didn't feel that you were close to the same people for any great length of time.
Overall was comfortable with it, but recognise there is a risk (no greater in my mind to a restaurant or pub, which has greater opportunity for aerosols to accumulate).
I'm still doing twice weekly lfts, so will do one at end of week as per usual.
Was pleased I went.
Sep 2021
10:06am, 22 Sep 2021
17,191 posts
  •  
jennywren
Where I live (Manchester) I see very few people wearing masks any more. I was the only person on my bus yesterday wearing one (about 10 others downstairs where I was and lots of students going upstairs, not a mask amongst them). It didn't feel great although no one sat next to me. I'm finding it uncomfortable to go anywhere but on foot because of this :(
Sep 2021
10:16am, 22 Sep 2021
17,111 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I agree jw - I'm often the only one wearing a mask on my trains too :(
Sep 2021
10:39am, 22 Sep 2021
17,192 posts
  •  
jennywren
Our infection rate is actually dropping at the moment but with students arriving this week I can’t see this being as ‘over’ as people seem to think.
Sep 2021
10:57am, 22 Sep 2021
14,153 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
An office mask wearing observation - normally in the office relatively few people wear masks. This week we've had a management meeting with people flying in from abroad. The people based in France have been wearing masks most of the time.
Sep 2021
11:18am, 22 Sep 2021
15,457 posts
  •  
larkim
Well, I wasn't expecting llamas and camels to be a source of potential "cures" for Covid... (BBC article and PHE backup so this isn't just "something I read on facebook" type posting!)

bbc.co.uk
Sep 2021
12:36pm, 22 Sep 2021
79,589 posts
  •  
swittle
From Ogden Nash:

The Lama

The one-l lama,
He's a priest;
The two-l llama,
He's a beast.
And I will bet
A silk pajama
There isn't any
Three-l lllama.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.