Coronavirus discussion thread

137 watchers
Sep 2021
2:16pm, 20 Sep 2021
1,096 posts
  •  
Hunkyteddy
Can't say I am that bothered about my booster. Seems a bit unnecessary when there are billions in the World yet to have one.
Still, I won't need to decide until at least December by the looks of it
Sep 2021
2:20pm, 20 Sep 2021
79,536 posts
  •  
swittle
BBC TV News, 1pm today. Gordon Brown makes the case for distributing surplus doses to less well provided countries before the vaccinations reach expiry date. Over ordering has created the surplus - but the impact of under ordering would be of great concern.
Sep 2021
2:48pm, 20 Sep 2021
4,970 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Hunkyteddy - you need to be at least six months post second jab to have the booster. Necessary if we don't want to be back to where we were as otherwise it's likely that immunity will have declined sufficiently for hospitalisation/death to be more common again.
Sep 2021
11:31am, 21 Sep 2021
1,098 posts
  •  
Hunkyteddy
LMH I know, but I'm not convinced by the need for the boosters, given the dithering the JCVI had over this and Whittys comments at last weeks press conference.
jda
Sep 2021
11:40am, 21 Sep 2021
10,827 posts
  •  
jda
JCVI doesn't care about the pandemic, just the personal risk, and needs a very strong preponderance of evidence before taking action. They have been an unhelpful influence throughout the pandemic.
Sep 2021
11:43am, 21 Sep 2021
5,250 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
Unhelpful only because their role is largely misunderstood - as you say their role is to look at personal risk, the CMOs then take that plus the impact on the population as a whole to make decisions.
Perfectly appropriate, but needs people to be aware of the parameters they're working to.
Sep 2021
11:46am, 21 Sep 2021
2,344 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
I agree jda. That's why they left the decision on vaccinating children to the CMOs.

It will be interesting to see what happens once the latest data on 5-11 year olds is officially published (not just a press release).
Sep 2021
12:03pm, 21 Sep 2021
32,318 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I have been invited for my booster, booked for 1st October, tomorrow I will have my flu jab.
Sep 2021
1:25pm, 21 Sep 2021
5,614 posts
  •  
TheScribbler
Thanks for the vaccinaid link. I’ll be turning 50 about 6 months after my second jab, so expect to get caught up in the booster program.

I’d personally prefer that we give our vaccine stocks to countries that have low stock, but recognise that as an individual, I cannot force that to happen by refusing a booster.
Sep 2021
1:41pm, 21 Sep 2021
32,319 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I agree with your comments TS. I should add my thanks for the link, I will be donating

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.