Coronavirus discussion thread

137 watchers
Jun 2021
7:21am, 15 Jun 2021
940 posts
  •  
Hunkyteddy
Lots of doom and gloom on here.
Yes cases are still increasing, but at a declining rate. There is no suggestion of 300 deaths a day.
If people make one last effort to obey the rules theres no reason why July 19th cant be restriction free, perhaps bar wearing masks in enclosed spaces
Jun 2021
7:28am, 15 Jun 2021
38,973 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
My wife reported over 50%non mask wearing bu shoppers in Aldi last night. Staff all still wearing and rather frustrated at patrons. It feels like people are starting to drop their guard. Hope vaccines will balance it out?
Jun 2021
7:43am, 15 Jun 2021
25,238 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I work at a bookshop one day a week and the amount of non-mask wearers is definitely going up.
Jun 2021
7:54am, 15 Jun 2021
8,577 posts
  •  
Meeps
Aldi on Sunday was the same, lots of non mask wearers but the staff weren't bothered or wearing them either, it's like people have given up.
Jun 2021
7:58am, 15 Jun 2021
8,792 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
My Aldi has been ok for masks, it’s better ventilated plus I can be in and out quicker as it’s a smaller store.

I don’t believe the non-mask wearers are exempt - some were shopping in groups of 4!
jda
Jun 2021
7:59am, 15 Jun 2021
10,353 posts
  •  
jda
Our Booths still has a door person counting us in and out, and high mask compliance.
Jun 2021
8:03am, 15 Jun 2021
3,120 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
Just to bring a sense of proportion.

During the Blitz my Mum's house was destroyed. She moved in with her Gran. Her Grans house took a direct hit. She moved in with an Aunt. Her Aunts house was firebombed. She was 14 years old and didn't go to school for two years. Why? because it had been flattened.

Meanwhile my Dad was climbing into a Halifax Bomber night after night. An occupation with a 50% fatality rate. One night they landed after a mission and found that the rear gunner had been blown out of his turret by an Anti Aircraft shell. Only his head remained.

No one knew how the war would end, or what the outcome would be, or how long it would last.

This isn't aimed at any particular individual, either here or elsewhere (except possibly Andrew Lloyd Webber), but I do sometimes wonder, bearing in mind te above, what the actual f*ck is wrong with people?

Its four more weeks.....
Jun 2021
8:04am, 15 Jun 2021
14,902 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Round here and in the limited shopping I do majority of people are still mask wearing. Still the odd ones but they stand out like a sore thumb
Jun 2021
8:06am, 15 Jun 2021
18,247 posts
  •  
Sharkie
High mask compliance at Aldi in Hastings and Sainsburys in Dalston. Our reports of compliance are rather random it seems!

I'd say 85-90% on relatively busy London underground now.
Jun 2021
8:21am, 15 Jun 2021
66 posts
  •  
folkieboater
jda…that’s Booths for you.

Signed - jealous midlander 🤣🤣

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.