Convict conditioning, bodyweight training & calisthenics

2 watchers
Jan 2014
8:55am, 2 Jan 2014
1,122 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Anyone else using primarily bodyweight techniques to develop strength?

I have recently read:

Bodyweight strength training
humankinetics.com

Convict conditioning
amazon.co.uk

In keeping with my allergy to gyms ( never been in one ) and being indoors in general, I like the idea of minimal equipment. That and I cannot see myself needing to pick up weights with bars attached in the near future, but moving my own body over obstacles is quite likely ;-p

So despite the posturing of the title, I find quite a bit of sense coming from Wade. Hence, I am following the plan in Convict Conditioning with some adaptation when transitioning between exercises.

So far, so good. Anyone else had any success with this, or recommendations for other resources?
Jan 2014
9:05am, 2 Jan 2014
8,759 posts
  •  
DerbyTup
Binman fitness. My dad was a coalman, didnt run (well apart from up folks' ginnels with half a hundredweight of coal on his back), but was quite tough ;-)

andy-kirkpatrick.com
Jan 2014
9:06am, 2 Jan 2014
7,698 posts
  •  
The Terminator
I've used 'you are your own gym' by Mark Lauren which is pretty good. Am using a 30 day beach body plan from interwebby for January to try and keep a bit varied is supposed to be for woman but hey ho :-) Key for me is a plan which takes minimal time with all the running and cycling alongside it.
Jan 2014
9:14am, 2 Jan 2014
1,123 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Thanks guys, I'll peruse those resources too.

Used to like having a physical job. Ex-Postie amongst other things, but now I'm stuck in a classroom :-(
Jobs that keep me fit & the family fed are now no longer viable in this economic climate :-o
Though I'd love for that to change in the future... (Got some plans brewing :-) )

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Anyone else using primarily bodyweight techniques to develop strength?

I have recently read:

B...