Conquercise

216 watchers
Jan 2021
7:55pm, 1 Jan 2021
20,349 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I enter the New Year with only 265 new zones over last year, making 5883.

My contiguous zones have risen by 224, but a bug in Fetch* prevents me from counting them.

This year I would like 500 new zones and 600-700 more contiguous ones.

There's been no significant advance on any front; the best I can offer is about half the Kent coast.

*Combined with my not having noted how many it was this time last year.
Jan 2021
10:54am, 2 Jan 2021
1,030 posts
  •  
meadowsboy
Happy New year all

307 zones for last year most on the bike last summer & a few walking, managed to get myself onto the top 250 list which was my main aim for 2020

I am liking the lawn feature it adds a reason for visiting zones you may not want to return to having been there already.

Thanks fetch.
Jan 2021
8:03pm, 2 Jan 2021
7,600 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I managed 385 zones over the last year, with a lawn of 275, mostly because going for walks has been the only thing we can go out and do for a good chunk of last year.

If all goes to plan, we will both be giving up work in April which means more time for walks. If we are allowed to travel by then, I hope to get the next badges for zones in a year and lawn size sometime this year.
Jan 2021
1:45pm, 4 Jan 2021
176 posts
  •  
F4rley
Hello
A quick bit of advice please. I've just started logging walks on my garmin - we're doing quite a few at the moment, and sometimes I'll walk a couple of miles and then run as well on the same day. It's been helpful motivationally to keep a few miles posted in the log and while I've been a bit under the weather some of the walks have been real efforts so have felt worth recording. Is that ok? I record them as 'run' on my garmin, then change to cross-training 'walking' when it arrives on here. Maybe I should record them as 'other' instead. Any thoughts welcomed - even if just to confirm that sounds ok...
Thanks
Jan 2021
1:49pm, 4 Jan 2021
16,052 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Technically they are 'other' as walking nets fewer points than running does for the purposes of the game.
um
Jan 2021
1:52pm, 4 Jan 2021
3,984 posts
  •  
um
F4rley - that's what I do, since I never remembered to swap activities on my garmin. It's easier after importing to Fetch. Since sometime mid 2020, Fetch has also been tieing the Conquersize points to the activity, so as you change it to cross train walking, so your 2 points should get switched to a singe point (which I disagree with ... but never mind).
Jan 2021
2:30pm, 4 Jan 2021
20,355 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
Agree with the above.
Jan 2021
2:36pm, 4 Jan 2021
48,434 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I always use other for walking on my Garmin, run for running and bike for cycling.
PK
Jan 2021
2:44pm, 4 Jan 2021
553 posts
  •  
PK
Just as an aside, some of the Garmin models have the ability to add other activity settings (such as my 735TX). I record my walks as a hike (as walk isn't an option!), however that imports into Fetch as cross-training anyway and avoids any issues (for me).
Jan 2021
3:46pm, 4 Jan 2021
11,079 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
For older Garmins that don't have Walk as an option but do support CIQ then download the 'Simple Walk' app and this will lt you record Walks natively (so you don't have to change after import).

About This Thread

Maintained by SPKoF
Come for a play:

fetcheveryone.com/game-conq.php

Here's a little explainer video. Just 90 seconds long. Please share it if you can.

https://youtu.be/Srig7-pl6pQ

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.