Conquercise

217 watchers
Aug 2020
2:36pm, 5 Aug 2020
20,407 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I would very much like to be claiming zones in SU and DE. Panoramalauf in the Sächischen Schweiz this weekend. Feeding the cheeky red squirrels in Seurasaari. I think these have to wait a bit yet :-/ (Also I'd need to be a bit fitter!)
Aug 2020
5:27pm, 5 Aug 2020
19,597 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I'll be happy to be back in D - possibly at the end of September, but where between Flensburg and the Alps?
Aug 2020
6:57pm, 5 Aug 2020
20,412 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Somewhere with a lot of unclaimed zones? ;-) I don't seem to have recorded any in the Hochschwartzwald. Great e-biking territory now.
Aug 2020
5:46am, 6 Aug 2020
11 posts
  •  
Juliane Fuchs
The Schwarzwald is in general a heaven for biking, running, hiking etc. - and it's usually not that expensive there either, if you stay away from the touristy lakes and towns (Schluchsee, Mummelsee etc.)

Most of my zones are in Südbaden, around Offenburg-Freiburg and karlsruhe, quite nice regions too but not as spectacular as thre Schwarzwald.

I now recently moved to Helsinki and wil slowly start to get zones there - the first time that I really have to "fight" for zones, which is a lot of fun!

By the way: if anyone plans to go to Helsinki one day, drop me a message and I will show you the best running and biking routes (and some other must-sees too!).
Aug 2020
9:40am, 6 Aug 2020
9,987 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
I may take you up on that, Juliane. I am in Rovaniemi every now and then for work but have never seen Helsinki.
Aug 2020
4:10pm, 6 Aug 2020
12 posts
  •  
Juliane Fuchs
Yeees come and visit! Helsinki is awesome. Actually more awesome to live here than as a tourist (at least from my perspective, there is not much sightseeing - stuff here, it's all the little details that make it so nice to live here - but it takes some time to experience that) , but for running, biking and open water swimming it's definitely wonderful.
Aug 2020
4:23pm, 6 Aug 2020
46,405 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I liked Helsinki (may be repeating myself) - me and youngest cycled from Tampere back to Helsinki in 2016. You'll probably be grabbing my CQ zones Juliane! Quite like the 'rock church in Helsinki (i.e. made out of/stuck in the side of rock t=rather than playing rock music)
Aug 2020
5:02pm, 6 Aug 2020
13,054 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
Been to Tampere many times for work (and Oulu a few times too), but never run in either place. For some reason, I always ended up going there in mid-winter.
Aug 2020
5:55pm, 6 Aug 2020
1,772 posts
  •  
Flatlander
I'd have claimed 1,000s of Conquerise zones in 1993 when I cycled up through Norway to Nordkapp (the North Cape), and came back through Finland via Rovaniemi. I didn't get anywhere near Helsinki because I crossed into Sweden through Haparanda and then made my way via Östersund and Torsby into southern Norway.

After all this time I don't think I would still have any zones that I would have claimed! :-p
Aug 2020
12:28pm, 7 Aug 2020
20,429 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I had a few days in Helsinki, which i enjoyed very much. The Rock Church was at the top of my road. I had a great time at the amusement park :-) Also stayed in Tampere and Oulu, where I paddled in the Baltic, and visited Turku/ Åbo and Porvoo.

No runs recorded in any of them, but I was very tempted to leap the barriers and run a lap at the Olympic Stadium.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPKoF
Come for a play:

fetcheveryone.com/game-conq.php

Here's a little explainer video. Just 90 seconds long. Please share it if you can.

https://youtu.be/Srig7-pl6pQ

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.