Conquercise

1 lurker | 218 watchers
um
Jul 2020
1:53pm, 28 Jul 2020
3,048 posts
  •  
um
Unless I was the owner who got it, then lost that zone. Then booo!
Otherwise, well done Fetch!
Jul 2020
2:00pm, 28 Jul 2020
38 posts
  •  
cerid
You wouldn’t have the crazy game in the first place anywhere else 😄
Jul 2020
4:47pm, 28 Jul 2020
290 posts
  •  
SooWoo
👏👏👏👏👏
Jul 2020
8:01am, 30 Jul 2020
218 posts
  •  
philip_m_jones
I was up in Norfolk the last few days to visit my parents in King's Lynn. I did a few runs while there: both on paths listed as long distance walks: Peter Scott Walk and Nar Valley Way. I was told had visited an unexplored zone.

Is there a way to easily find these zones? I know I can click zone by zone but a map that shows explored and unexplored would be interesting. Does anyone know how man zones there are in England and how many unexplored there are? I'd assume there are a lot of unexplored in the remote areas (which is why I was interested in England and not the other home countries) but I'd hav thought England was fairly done. It has an area of about 50,000 squares miles (so 50,000 Conquersize zones) and I've just passed the 800 unique zones mark and am 503 on the all-time board.
Jul 2020
9:24am, 30 Jul 2020
6,084 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
In the early days of the game you could look for unexplored zones, not sure about now.

I found an unexplored zone the other week, only 8 or so miles from central Glasgow. It was only accessible from one of three dead end paths, but simple enough for the dedicated square hunter.
Jul 2020
10:56am, 30 Jul 2020
20,325 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I've been having a look, and I think that the answer to your first question philip is no. I looked at my own area map and realised the descriptions are now slightly different.

"Explored" and "Unexplored" on the map relate to you specifically: What you need is a zone which is both unexplored and when clicked on, shows as "Visited by 0 Fetchies".

There is something which can help though, on a computer at least. On the map, if you hover over a zone, the zone name is displayed under the map search box, in the format "This zone is [zone name]". If a zone is unvisited, there is no zone name. Click on the zone to confirm. (Some zones may have been visited, but never named by a visitor. Not many, I expect.)

Note that zones may have been visited but be currently unowned, with no Fetchies listed in the "Leading Players" box, if no-one has visited within the past twelve months.
Jul 2020
11:10am, 30 Jul 2020
3,761 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
"Some zones may have been visited, but never named by a visitor. Not many, I expect" :-o :-o

I've visited loads of zones that were un-named, and I didn't have time, or couldn't be bothered, to name them. Sorry if that makes me a very bad fetchie ;-)
Jul 2020
11:12am, 30 Jul 2020
24,461 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've reduced the likelihood of that by giving *any* visitor to an unnamed zone the right to name it. The owner can override that choice, but it gets the ball rolling.
Jul 2020
11:45am, 30 Jul 2020
20,331 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Hopefully someone else has been there since, Gus ;-)
Jul 2020
11:53am, 30 Jul 2020
724 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
Almost every Zone I have explored in unnamed... Hopefully pick up a few more with a trip to Germany on Sunday.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPKoF
Come for a play:

fetcheveryone.com/game-conq.php

Here's a little explainer video. Just 90 seconds long. Please share it if you can.

https://youtu.be/Srig7-pl6pQ

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.