Concept 2 challenge: 15 minutes

25 watchers
Oct 2011
3:51pm, 3 Oct 2011
4,338 posts
  •  
flip
I've had a quick look at the refurbs and again i can't see it being reduced enought to tempt me from new if i were to buy. Can't blame Concept really. Who would want to undercut themselves. It is the best rower on the market (IMHO) after all.

October see me starting to train again ready for next summer so i hope to give this ago a bit more regularly. :-)
Oct 2011
4:14pm, 3 Oct 2011
1,944 posts
  •  
sallykate
We bought ours almost 10 years ago, new, and I don't regret it at all. We've been through months where it sits gathering dust but it's an investment for life and is still going strong.
Oct 2011
4:22pm, 3 Oct 2011
4,339 posts
  •  
flip
I think thats what was more or less said sally:-) if youre going to buy the concept is worth the money . its sturdy , lasts and is simply the best there is . the reason I havent bought is more to do with space to put it , ive use of one at the gym and unfortunately I cant afford a new one!! . the road bike and week in the alps was my treat this year.and as I said they hold there price so so well . a few years ago before I was into running I tried for ages to pick up a cheap one but gave up ! . that said if I give up my gym membership I might splash out . er not selling are you, lol :-)
Oct 2011
4:26pm, 3 Oct 2011
16,379 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Or get a real kayak flip? I decided it was like running and biking. Why get a treadmill or spin bike, when you can run up a hill or bike in the fresh air? £300 gets you a car toppable kayak. Buddy of mine is running a weekend trip sea kayaking across to Knoydart peninsula. You can only get there by hiking, biking or kayaking. No cars. :-)G
Oct 2011
4:36pm, 3 Oct 2011
1,945 posts
  •  
sallykate
I do see it as an alternative to gym membership -- it's been years since I had the time to go to a gym regularly. :-)G the thing about having it at home is that I don't have to go out to exercise, which fits well with having a young child. I'm sure a lot of people use treadmills or turbos for the same reason.
Oct 2011
4:37pm, 3 Oct 2011
4,340 posts
  •  
flip
I love to do that happy . I have some friends that use to do the very same but have stopped now . but in defence of the concept , its there all day and night and you dont need to live near a river or the sea (i live next to both mind :-) )
Oct 2011
4:37pm, 3 Oct 2011
4,341 posts
  •  
flip
and sally said it too :-)
Oct 2011
4:38pm, 3 Oct 2011
4,342 posts
  •  
flip
of course in the best of worlds we would have them all .:-)
Oct 2011
4:41pm, 3 Oct 2011
1,947 posts
  •  
sallykate
One day I'd like to get back to rowing on water though....will I be too old when I retire??!
Nov 2011
8:02am, 4 Nov 2011
4,475 posts
  •  
flip
I've re-joined the gym and got back on a rower fort he first time in ages last night . I'll do the horrrible 15 min challenge again sometime next week but thought i would try 10K last night (i'm trying to do a different x train every day) . 42:29 without killing myself . I can feel it a bit this morning . Feels good.

About This Thread

Maintained by FurryFeet
For those interested in seeing how far they can go in 15 minutes here is a leader board of distances.

Please maintain your results in:
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=452

I will aim to update this header from the article once a week.

Distance Log (Last update: 1 Aug)
---------------------------------------
Basically how far can you go in 15 minutes (nominal damper setting 5)

Furry Feet - 3978 (4/8)
RichHL - 3425m (24/9)

To join just update the article http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=452 with your time.