Compton Verney Half Marathon

3 watchers
Feb 2020
10:33am, 28 Feb 2020
8,761 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
Anyone done this and got advice/information to offer ?
Feb 2020
10:43am, 28 Feb 2020
23,434 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Last year: fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=2589623
Feb 2020
11:04am, 28 Feb 2020
8,762 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
It seems to get good reviews. Except for flatness/ pb potential which I had kind of guessed from the results and winners times But it looks like a good race ina part of the country I’m not familiar with.
Feb 2020
11:27am, 28 Feb 2020
15,776 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Looks fab, near where I grew up. But you lot are soft when it comes to hills. This is my is the route/elevation for my pb course at half marathon, and I consider that one flat!

strava.com

So this looks like a pb course potential easy!
Feb 2020
11:41am, 28 Feb 2020
4,327 posts
  •  
clare1976
It's a fantastic race, done it many times and would wholly recommend it. Route has an amazing start / finish in the grounds of Compton Verney, goes out around lovely picturesque country lanes and villages. It's not flat, has a fairly big hill which you go up and down again on the way out, then the same in reverse on the way back. The middle 8-9 miles or so are gently rolling.

Very well organised by a local company called Tempo events who are experienced runners themselves and several of them friends of mine.

Any other questions, ask away.

Assuming I'm off the bench by then, I'll be there :-)
Feb 2020
1:09pm, 28 Feb 2020
8,763 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
Thanks for the feedback, it sounds a good one, I'll be there. Claire, I hope you're better soon. Being injured is horrible and so frustrating. I hope to see you there

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Son of a Pronator Man
Anyone done this and got advice/information to offer ?