Compression kit

1 watcher
Apr 2018
8:23pm, 15 Apr 2018
386 posts
  •  
totalbeginner
I'm running my first half marathon in three weeks (omg!) And wonder if I would benefit from compression kit. Maybe leggings or shorts and long socks? I am ok running 10k or so but when I ran 2x 7k laps in Jan I noticed my legs were aching a lot at the end. Would compression shorts help or are they more for wearing after the run?
Apr 2018
9:05pm, 15 Apr 2018
921 posts
  •  
oumaumau
There's no scientific evidence (that I know of) to support the use of compression clothing, but it can sooth aching muscles after exercise in my experience. This may be a placebo effect though....
A quick look at your training suggests the pain is likely caused by your 'low' running volume (it's all relative). If you try to run a full weeks mileage in one session, it's going to be sore ;)
Apr 2018
9:15pm, 15 Apr 2018
387 posts
  •  
totalbeginner
Haha no my miles are very low compared to some of you guys. I am realistic to know I won't get a full half distance in before the event and also equally realistic to know I will probably end up run walking. I was just curious I guess as to people's experiences as seen lots of people running in local events with shorts and long (I assumed they were compression) socks

I am hoping to get a few more 10k in before the event at least.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by totalbeginner
I'm running my first half marathon in three weeks (omg!) And wonder if I would benefit from com...