1step2far
That's an impressive puncture :-(
rhb
Sep 2020
11:38am, 22 Sep 2020
1,482 posts
  •  
rhb
MazH - on a nicer day in a nicer place at a nicer time i'd have taken the time fix it, instead I walked towards home until I saw a taxi with hire light on. He agreed to ship me & bike home.
Sep 2020
3:50pm, 22 Sep 2020
11,011 posts
  •  
MazH
Can't say i blame you!
Sep 2020
9:54am, 23 Sep 2020
11,012 posts
  •  
MazH
Tried a slightly different first mile again this morning, swapped one short sharp narrow bridge climb for a nicer bit warm up, and a longer gradual hill to the same point.
A smidgen slower overall, but i think that was the whole journey to be honest as did Body Pump last night and felt a bit leggy.

Bloody hell it was cold today tho.

I wore light full finger gloves, rather than usual fingerless, but need something more as fingers were still frozen.

A base layer and a short sleeved cycling top, warm on the first uphill 3, bit too cool on the 4 faster flatter miles thereafter..... I might have to carry an extra layer for the second half from now on.
Sep 2020
10:12am, 23 Sep 2020
12,701 posts
  •  
Markymarkmark
Maz, whereabouts in the country are you?
Oddly it's warmer here (York) than it was yesterday - although not so bright. In fact, it's drizzling.
Sep 2020
10:40am, 23 Sep 2020
11,013 posts
  •  
MazH
Aberdeen
So basically the North Pole
Sep 2020
11:51am, 23 Sep 2020
12,704 posts
  •  
Markymarkmark
Ahhh. That would explain it!

And my family think *I* live in the frozen North... (from the IoW!) :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
There is a nice thread about commuting to work by running, and there are loads of terrifying threads about bikes and cycling which are about carbon and grams of weight and lycra - not this one: how to dry your kit, how to carry/store your work clothes etc. and some bike specific stuff about best mudguards to minimize wet and dirt and maybe some stuff about cycle paths, safety, simple bike maintenance etc.

And if you declare yourself at the outset as:
A. Total bike head, train lots, do bike races/triathlons and the commute bit is just a way of getting extra miles in and is done at full bike training pace.
B. Bike for fitness (either with running as main sport or not) and like to do bike in lycra, at reasonable speed, certainly always shower necessary!

C. Bike is firstly a mode of transport, essential for the commute, sure a bit of fitness is good, but it's secondary. Safe, reliable and clean are the priorities.

:-) G