Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Combining Running & Cycling?

1 watcher
gt
Apr 2018
9:24pm, 21 Apr 2018
4 posts
gt
I currently cycle quite a lot including regular 30 mile daily commutes on the bike when I can.
I’ve taken up running recently and I’m trying to figure out the best way to combine both running and cycle training.

I’ve no specific goals in mind for running but would like to get my 5k time down a bit from my current 25 minute pb and also like the idea of building up to some longer 10 mile or possibly even half marathons if I can.
I’m not regularly racing the bike this year but I do plan on entering one endurance event at the back end of the year.

Any advice for the best way to combine the two or to avoid killing myself by overdoing it?
Apr 2018
10:57pm, 21 Apr 2018
3438 posts
Cyclops
Hello. Have you tried the Basic triathlon questions thread - someone there should know. Or a triathlon training plan minus the swimming. Do you have a friendly local tri club? Our coaches love talking to people and are good for advice!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I currently cycle quite a lot including regular 30 mile daily commutes on the bike when I can.
I’...