Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Cloud photo storage

3 watchers
2 May
1:17pm, 2 May 2020
10952 posts
larkim
Rely on metadata in photos for location and date, then upload all to Google photos. Job done. But I do only photograph with my phone, so if I had a camera too not sure how I'd handle that. I'd probably just bulk upload once in a while and then not bother organising.

Then turn on face recognition and you can search all your photos for people, b or combination of people etc.

No point organising in folders etc, just let Google handle it! If I want specific photos grouped just use Google photos to create albums
2 May
1:20pm, 2 May 2020
307 posts
Totriornottotri
Thanks - looks like I'll check out google photos as the answer!
2 May
3:33pm, 2 May 2020
43 posts
Sampson
I fully support the 'never organise' approach. Google Photos is also good at automatically archiving screenshots and the like.
2 May
5:45pm, 2 May 2020
10954 posts
larkim
The face matching is great. Though when I set it up I had to pretend to be in the US via a VPN for about 5 minutes as it wouldn't initialise in the UK at the time. Don't know if that's changed or not.

The face matching is quite remarkable - it can tell the difference between my four boys as babies accurately (verifiable from the photo dates) when I've not got a clue who they are!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by lammo
I really need to get this in place before we have a calamity and lose a load of precious memories.