Clothes Swap

1 watcher
Jun 2016
11:38am, 21 Jun 2016
19,221 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I'm organising a clothes swap at work and trying to keep it simple and fair. I've not done one before and would be grateful for your thoughts on what I'm thinking of doing.

I'll be running it over a 1-2pm lunch break, so I'm going to take 12-1 to set it up. Staff can bring items to me in my office or drop them off between 12-12:30 in the staff common room.

How it'll be run:

People can browse from 1-1.30, then exchange vouchers for items. I'll oversee this to ensure a fair spread of items per person in the size groups.

Resources:

Nearby loos with full-length mirrors
Tables with clothes sorted into sizes

Vouchers:

Top, trousers, shorts, skirt, dress, accessory - 1 voucher
Good condition and originally bought for £100 or more - 2 vouchers
Jacket - 2 vouchers
Shoes - 2 vouchers

So - depending on what you put in, you're issued with vouchers as above. Once all the swapping's done, people can buy items for 50p or similar (will probably decide on the day, depending on the item). These contributions will go to our work charity. I'll take any unwanted items to a local charity shop.
Jun 2016
11:59am, 21 Jun 2016
2,556 posts
  •  
Squares
I'be done this a few times... we didn't do vouchers instead people paid a flat fee and then had a look tried on... at the appointed time a whistle was blown and people could choose their first item, this was repeated till we lost interest... it is also worth checking that people put stuff back in the right place... I notices some canny swishers hiding lovely Hobbs stuff among the larger sizes so they could get to it first...
Jun 2016
1:16pm, 21 Jun 2016
19,223 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Had a chat with someone at lunchtime and we thought we need to make it clear that you might give but not find anything to take, so perhaps we'll call it a bring and take. I think we need to make all the items worth 1 voucher otherwise people might be left with vouchers over. They might anyway if they don't want something, so I need to make that clear.

That sounds like a good idea Squares, but we're not going to charge a fee. I might still use the whistle thing to allocate items to people. I'll be behind the tables, keeping things in order. Thank you.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Red Squirrel
I'm organising a clothes swap at work and trying to keep it simple and fair. I've not done one be...