Cleaning/Sterilising drink bladders

1 watcher
Oct 2012
10:31pm, 5 Oct 2012
20,896 posts
  •  
Frobester
I decided to ask the same question to the people at Inov-8. This is the reply I got, very helpful (and maybe they've been reading these pages):

Hi Simon

There are a few options you have when it comes to cleaning the reservoir.

We recommend that you empty as much of the water out of the bladder as possible.

If you use energy drinks or some sort of diluted solution we recommend filling with water and then emptying a couple of times before filling the reservoir half full, closing the lid and then 'swishing' the water about. If you remove the water though the tube, this will clean the pipe and remove any of the solution/energy drink. Once all has been cleaned and washed out, there are a few things you can do to stop any mould build up.

Here is a link to a good website that shows a few different options -http://walking.about.com/od/hydration/tp/camelbackclean.htm

Another option is to put the reservoir in the freezer. Make sure there is no water in the bottom of the reservoir (you can dry out by using a wire coat hanger which fits perfect in the inov-8 reservoir!) as this could freeze and may damage the reservoir.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I've got an inov-8 hydration reservoir for fitting in the bottom of my inov-8 race pro pack (other ...