Circuit training advice...
1:42pm, 14 Aug 2012
Callum BamptonI'm aware of the importance of having a strong core e.g. strong abdominis, glutes, obliques etc. and these can be benefitted by circuit training and core exercises.
So here are the questions I need answering.. (bearing in mind that my main focus is on having a solid cross country / 5k season)
How often shall I use circuit training??
What exercises should I be particularly focussing on??
How does a strong core benefit runners?
1:54pm, 14 Aug 2012
GobiNot sure you need any more advice from me Callum :¬ )
2:06pm, 14 Aug 2012
fleecyI do circuits once a week, I go to a class so there's someone to shout at me We do weights, squats, planks, a bit of cardio, basically we cover the whole body. It *feels* very good for me, it's very hard work.
But if you want a crap core, stay as you are
I know people who do bootcamp classes in local parks, have you got something like that locally?
About This Thread
- Sub 3Hr Marathon Dec 2023
- 100 miles a month in 2023 Dec 2023
- 1000 miles in 2023 Dec 2023
- 10,000 blue circles (or will they be squares?) in 2023 Dec 2023
- Run Walk Run Dec 2023
- The sub 2.45 marathon thread Dec 2023
- How was your run today? Dec 2023
- TRX/suspension training programmes? Dec 2023
- Training plans for today? Dec 2023
- The Streaky Bacon Thread Dec 2023
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?