Chronic Injury and finding someone good to treat it
12:19pm, 29 Sep 2012
KierenAfter injuring myself at cross country 4 years ago the same injury seems to come back very easily for me (peronius brevis I think).
Mostly when I ask, people recommend a physio, I go and I get better. I'm happy thinking the issue is resolved yet again and again the same issue returns.
From my own research, I think I may have some underlying damage, maybe scar tissue, that is making the re-injury so easy but need a professional to help. The problem I have is finding one that can fix me for the long term and identify the root cause rather than the short term fixes and massage I have been getting from physios in the past.
Does anyone know what sort of things I should be looking for when shopping for a physio - like specific certifications? Areas of expertise etc?
I have found one guy that seems to know his stuff but sadly he is based in the US
7:48pm, 29 Sep 2012
Dave AWould a referal from a physio or GP to a specialist in the field help?
8:11pm, 29 Sep 2012
idioAgree, try to see a specialist.
I've been under this bloke billribbans.com through the NHS for the past 5 years though even he's baffled whats up with my foot.
8:43pm, 29 Sep 2012
cabletowIf it is something that gets better then comes back, it could well be something you are doing wrong
About This Thread
- Big Toe joint replacement Aug 2022
- Calf injury May 2022
- Getting back after broken foot Apr 2022
- Best way to get heat onto the ankle at work? Apr 2022
- Achilles issues & running surface - any thoughts? Jan 2022
- Erm, any doctors or physios out there? Oct 2021
- Getting back to running/cycling after a lumbar spinal comression fracture Sep 2021
- FREE England Athletics Webinars May 2021
- FREE England Athletics Webinars - February 2021 Mar 2021
- Pain down left leg. Why? Mar 2021
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?