4:14pm, 24 Dec 2017
While Raptor Knitted Socks by NightMy oven is full of salmon, because we hit the jackpot with whole salmon being sold off in Booths this afternoon. It won't be for Christmas dinner, though. I did serve salmon steaks for Christmas dinner once, many years ago. My mother, who likes salmon any other day of the year, sat at the table making boaking noises and plunged out of the room with her hand over her mouth several times, sending a clear message that if she didn't get turkey (white breast meat only) she would spoil dinner for everyone.
4:25pm, 24 Dec 2017
KimCanRunRound to my sisters tomorrow and we all tend to make something. Uncle making soup. Mum making prawn cocktail/fruit salad. Sister will do the turkey & trimmings. I’m making two desserts. Bannoffee Pie & Eton Mess (at my nieces request). And BiL’s mum also does a trifle.
Bannoffee pie made and now in fridge. Eton Mess will be made with the help of my niece tomorrow.
About This ThreadMaintained by larkim
Anyone else busy with Christmas Day food prep? I'm allowed free rein in the kitchen for two day...
- Mid/long ultra newbie in 2015 - share your journey! :-)
- Find me a 20 mile training plan
- How do I get speed back for a 10k after a marathon?
- High-Rise by J G Ballard - July 2020 Book Group discussion thread
- How to taper for 8 and half mile race
- Grand Christmas Foodstuffs Deathmatch
- RW best October 10k this Sunday, places available
- New to the running world!
The Festive Fetch Calendar
Several thousand quid's worth of prizes, including GPS tech, trainers, kit, and massive vouchers. Enjoy sensibly! It's back! Take a peek