Christmas cooking

4 watchers
Dec 2017
4:14pm, 24 Dec 2017
37,347 posts
  •  
While Raptor Knitted Socks by Night
My oven is full of salmon, because we hit the jackpot with whole salmon being sold off in Booths this afternoon. It won't be for Christmas dinner, though. I did serve salmon steaks for Christmas dinner once, many years ago. My mother, who likes salmon any other day of the year, sat at the table making boaking noises and plunged out of the room with her hand over her mouth several times, sending a clear message that if she didn't get turkey (white breast meat only) she would spoil dinner for everyone.
Dec 2017
4:25pm, 24 Dec 2017
2,902 posts
  •  
KimCanRun
Round to my sisters tomorrow and we all tend to make something. Uncle making soup. Mum making prawn cocktail/fruit salad. Sister will do the turkey & trimmings. I’m making two desserts. Bannoffee Pie & Eton Mess (at my nieces request). And BiL’s mum also does a trifle.

Bannoffee pie made and now in fridge. Eton Mess will be made with the help of my niece tomorrow.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Anyone else busy with Christmas Day food prep? I'm allowed free rein in the kitchen for two day...