Chip timing supplier in East Anglia

2 watchers
Moe
Mar 2014
10:22am, 17 Mar 2014
245 posts
  •  
Moe
I know there are a few races locally using chip timing now, does anyone have link to local company?
Mar 2014
11:03am, 17 Mar 2014
3,672 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I think Mucky Races does chip timing for other events, I think I have seen them as the timing provider at some charity runs in Norfolk
Moe
Mar 2014
2:36pm, 18 Mar 2014
246 posts
  •  
Moe
Thank, they don't seem to have any info on 'hiring' and contact details are lacking, anyone have any?
Mar 2014
2:46pm, 18 Mar 2014
15,587 posts
  •  
DeeGee
STS are in East Yorkshire. Not quite what you need, but they do a few of the races in Lincolnshire

sportstimingsolutions.co.uk
Mar 2015
8:07am, 14 Mar 2015
76 posts
  •  
jonbev
Did you find anyone?
Moe
May 2015
2:27pm, 4 May 2015
266 posts
  •  
Moe
We went with ChipTimingUK

chiptiminguk.co.uk
May 2015
9:24am, 30 May 2015
77 posts
  •  
jonbev
Due to the crazy amount of money that Chip Timing companies seem to charge, I have now set up a company to do affordable Chip Timing. I have managed to keep the costs down by utilising reusable chips and writing the software myself.

A recent race I timed was a charity event organised by the UEA Athletics Club in association with Paul Evans and Active Norfolk. You can see the results and photos here:

totalracetiming.co.uk

I'm now in a position to start selling the service to other races for £1/runner with a minimum charge of £200 for a single timing point; either gun to chip or chip to chip if the start and finish are in the same place.

I also have a camera hooked up at the finish line to take photos as runners finish which is included in the basic charge. Images are automatically tagged with the runners’ bib numbers and uploaded to the website for download free-of-charge.

If anyone is interested in booking me for a race, please contact me to discuss it further.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Moe
I know there are a few races locally using chip timing now, does anyone have link to local company?