Children off school, check in here for support.

20 watchers
May 2020
11:44am, 14 May 2020
23,066 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
In school they're doing some of the same set work - esp maths, English
T9 is not a fast worker (poor handwriting, easily distracted, fear of failure) so I think he'd been not finishing lots of tasks in normal school and I'm focusing on completing tasks however long it takes. We do school 9-3 but sometimes lunch is quite long (bike ride etc).
I'm currently wondering how long to leave him playing Lego as break time officially finished 20 min ago 😂. He's role playing good and bad guys and the bad guys aren't social distancing, so I figured he may benefit from working through some issues...
He got horrendous dry hands from constant washing with school soap, it improved v slowly with nightly Eumovate, so after Easter we said he could use no soap if he hadn't been outside, which also helped. Then I was given some Aldi handcream in a goody bag at work and it's incredible! Almost healed in less than a week!
Sorry for rambling, I do miss talking to other mums.
May 2020
1:00pm, 14 May 2020
2,540 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
Ramble away Lizzie :-)

Good news on the magic hand cream.

The Lego role play sounds funny.
May 2020
9:09pm, 19 May 2020
38,019 posts
  •  
Purps
Erm, it's hit and miss here. 2/3 children are asking for more work, 1/3 are complaining about any little thing.
May 2020
7:18am, 20 May 2020
2,561 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
I can’t imagine coping with 3. 1 is more than enough.
We’re doing ok but glad it’s half term next week.
B has started having ukulele lesson via WhatsApp video from his cousin. Doing that twice a week and missing out some of the set school work to fit it in.
May 2020
9:16am, 20 May 2020
23,116 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
I need someone to give T9 an online cornet lesson.
May 2020
9:19am, 20 May 2020
2,562 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
I don’t know any cornet teachers personally but my sister is a wood wind teacher Who is doing zoom lessons. She is part of Bedford Music Cooperative and might know of someone that does cornet. Do you want to fmail me your email address and I can pass it on if she does know someone?
May 2020
9:22am, 20 May 2020
23,117 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
Oh fab, thank you! I will email his usual teacher first, though x
May 2020
9:28am, 20 May 2020
34,511 posts
  •  
DocM
i know lots of cornet teachers....fmail me if you need any help. I also have 2 cornet players at home who could teach a youngster
May 2020
9:56am, 20 May 2020
11,098 posts
  •  
larkim
I could hear some "tetchy" sounds coming from the kitchen downstairs where my wife is supporting the home teaching, so when she popped up I asked if I could be of any help.

"No, it's fine - I'll just throttle him".

Hopefully we don't make the news tonight...
May 2020
10:27am, 20 May 2020
38,020 posts
  •  
Purps
Mine are currently doing art work from school while I have a migraine. They're enjoying it very much and are working well. How long it'll last I don't know. This is what they're doing
https://youtu.be/v368l7nAltE

About This Thread

Maintained by Pinks
Let's support each other while the children are off.

Use this to vent frustration, ask questions, pool resources and anything else we think might help.

A blog, it's a post I copied from a school principle fetcheveryone.com/blog/2783/2020/3#blog404078