•  
XB
Here you go JW chirunning.uk
Feb 2017
8:17am, 9 Feb 2017
11,370 posts
  •  
Fenland (Fenners) Runner
I'm pragmatic. In almost every occasion, higher cadence is better than lower. Therefore smaller strides are better than longer. And the goal is always to 'land' nearest to your COG (Centre of Gravity). That is it..... All the heel/fore/mid foot landing is a lot of tosh (in my opinion).

I'm tempted to say that they is a distinct link between people wrecking their calves and fore foot landing but I'd better not :-o
Feb 2017
8:47am, 9 Feb 2017
14,550 posts
  •  
jennywren
Even with 180 cadence on the metronome video evidence shows me slightly heel striking. I think my foot extends out because I'm too upright - probably could do with a proper lesson.
Feb 2017
4:05pm, 9 Feb 2017
12,419 posts
  •  
Columba
I saw "my" gait analyst in London, while I was staying with Elder Daughter. In fact, it was she who introduced me to him, as she'd consulted him herself. I quite often stay in London, so could see him again. Thanks fxor the blog reference, Jenny, I'll chase it up.
Feb 2017
9:24pm, 9 Feb 2017
33,125 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I did a course and one to one with Michelle I think I have the basics but must practice more.

Have the DVD and cd but need to get back into it
Feb 2017
1:45pm, 20 Feb 2017
14,690 posts
  •  
jennywren
I've booked J and I onto a one day workshop with Jon Burdon at the end of April. Looking forward to it! Videoed again today and there are improvements - feet much better at least. Funny how you feel as though you're pattering along quickly and it looks really slow on film!
Feb 2017
2:41pm, 20 Feb 2017
12,511 posts
  •  
Columba
Jenny - yes, you're supposed to lean. Lean 2 inches, then as you begin to fall your legs start running; that way gravity is doing most of the hard work and your legs are just keeping up. That seems to be the theory, anyway.
Feb 2017
3:41pm, 20 Feb 2017
14,691 posts
  •  
jennywren
Yes I get the theory - it's putting it into practice that's the hard part! Because I'm running again from scratch though, this is a great time to really try and change the way I do it.
Feb 2017
5:56pm, 20 Feb 2017
7,336 posts
  •  
Garfield
Yes, that is a good time to learn new feelings with running. As the Chi running folk say, little and often helps to build muscle memory.
Feb 2017
6:49pm, 20 Feb 2017
14,694 posts
  •  
jennywren
I'm doing the C25k programme at the same time (two birds etc) but also doing some drills and stuff in between runs. Seems to be working so far.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Chi Running is a running technique which was developed by Danny Dreyer an ultra marathon runner who is a long time runner and student of T’ai Chi. The two main themes are energy efficiency and injury prevention. It combines the central movement principles of T’ai Chi with the sport of running to create a technique that shifts the workload toward your core muscles, allowing your leg muscles to work less. The results are increased efficiency and a significant reduction in injuries.

Recommended reading
amazon.co.uk

Chi Running Website
chirunning.com

Link to to a brief overview
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=99