Chi Running

123 watchers
Mar 2007
5:41pm, 31 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
cabletow
OK so I get over my patellar tendonitis and now am off road again having twatted (thats a medical term) my Achilles. So back to rehab (yes the insoles, stretch massage ice etc)<br><br>But I am getting to be a real off roader - in the same sense that Land rovers are I am off road getting fixed more often than I am running. I have had enough and I want to look into Chi Running as a way of keeping these old bones moving.<br><br>So does anyone do it? does anyone have the book and DVD and does anyone want to sell them to me?
Mar 2007
5:43pm, 31 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hoaxster
Mikuro has... :)

LOL@ your bewildering use of medical jargon ;)
Mar 2007
5:45pm, 31 Mar 2007
0 posts
  •  
santababy
i'm pretty sure KR2 has too
Apr 2007
5:36am, 1 Apr 2007
0 posts
  •  
Blotts Mate
I have the book. Bought it on Amazon. Do it through Fetch & they get a few pence.
Apr 2007
6:04am, 1 Apr 2007
0 posts
  •  
Gobi
nrg on the daily thread on RW is the man CT
Apr 2007
6:32am, 1 Apr 2007
0 posts
  •  
LLL the number 1
(((((((((((((((((((((CT))))))))))))))))))))))))
Apr 2007
7:52am, 1 Apr 2007
0 posts
  •  
cabletow
Guys

is Chi running a real entity. I can see why POSE is something new as it really is a postural change (and I see many achilles and soleus injuries from it) but the trailer of the Chi DVD I cannot see anything majorly differrent - For anyone who is interested here is the trailer for it - chirunning.com
Apr 2007
7:58am, 1 Apr 2007
0 posts
  •  
cabletow
Gobi

NRG would appear to be a POSE coach.
Apr 2007
8:01am, 1 Apr 2007
0 posts
  •  
cabletow
Where is the Fetch Amazon link?
Apr 2007
8:20am, 1 Apr 2007
0 posts
  •  
Forest Faerie
On the homepage, RHS, just below the "Who's training' box

Hope you recover soon

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Chi Running is a running technique which was developed by Danny Dreyer an ultra marathon runner who is a long time runner and student of T’ai Chi. The two main themes are energy efficiency and injury prevention. It combines the central movement principles of T’ai Chi with the sport of running to create a technique that shifts the workload toward your core muscles, allowing your leg muscles to work less. The results are increased efficiency and a significant reduction in injuries.

Recommended reading
amazon.co.uk

Chi Running Website
chirunning.com

Link to to a brief overview
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=99