Chester Half Marathon

1 watcher
Feb 2015
2:45pm, 20 Feb 2015
8,830 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I just enetered, I have a 10k Sundau, Bolton 10k in April, PB 1.39:03, will be building up distance now after 7 or 8 weeks of 10-12 milers. What am I to expect,PB course, nice goody bag, plent of toilets, hellish?
Feb 2015
8:41pm, 20 Feb 2015
235 posts
  •  
jdarun
I did it last year. No pb for me, not close, probably a reasonably fastish course but too hot on the day for my liking and I wasn't that well prepared. Chester is a lovey city to visit, make sure you see some of it if you haven't been before (I used to live near). Facilities were generally good from what I remember, apart from parking which was a bit of a disaster actually - the organised parking was full, no alternative suggestions or help provided, we dumped the car in a side street and it worked out ok but was a bit stressful at the time!
Feb 2015
6:53pm, 22 Feb 2015
8,836 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
thanks, slightly worried about the possible temperature, but I want to run a good HM (not done so for a while). Usually I would run one in MArch/April, but not sure until today how I am. Ran a decent 10k today, so I know what have to do, a good solid 10 weeks and I may run well. Yes, lookign forward to the city, staying overnight and having a goodlook round post race.

Parking, hoping hotel will suffice......and a jog down. Sounds ok though,

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ocelot Spleens
I just enetered, I have a 10k Sundau, Bolton 10k in April, PB 1.39:03, will be building up distance ...