Chest pain after exercise

2 watchers
Apr 2013
3:21pm, 22 Apr 2013
7,785 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Has anyone had it/get it after endurance events?

My chest hurts on the left side and it's quite sharp when I breathe in but when I'm not breathing in it feels like a dull ache in back and chest. I don't think that makes sense but I know what I mean?

I did do a long endurance thing over the weekend and thought it might possibly be related maybe as I don't know what else it could be? Can you tire your heart out or something?!
Apr 2013
3:25pm, 22 Apr 2013
2,753 posts
  •  
Pestomum
PE? Given your history lovely one, get yourself checked out please :-)
Apr 2013
3:26pm, 22 Apr 2013
7,786 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
That pain before was all in my back.....it doesn't feel like that.....
Apr 2013
3:28pm, 22 Apr 2013
24,917 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
It COULD be a musculoskeletal pain, but get it checked out. It is Not Normal.
Jun 2013
4:03pm, 10 Jun 2013
93 posts
  •  
Devoted2Distance
I get this too Gymfreak... I have been to the doctors about it but they have never got to the root cause of it... last year I was in hospital because of it as it was so intense I was terrified (at the end of a normal 8 miler, not particularly exerting myself). I stayed overnight in hospital 'cause they thought I had a blood clot on my lung (some tests came back abnormal) but fortunately there wasn't anything there... I was discharged but the chest pain thing never got answered. I don't get it as much now but sometimes I get a weird 'electric' feeling as well as the general heaviness. I just make sure I rest religiously on Saturday and for a few days after big events now. Not sure I'll ever get to the bottom of it..
Jun 2013
4:04pm, 10 Jun 2013
94 posts
  •  
Devoted2Distance
PS I'm not sure about your general health, but I am generally pretty fit although I am anaemic (confirmed by blood tests) and have been vegetarian for 11 years. I also have low blood pressure and can feel faint easily if I get up too quick
Jun 2013
6:03pm, 10 Jun 2013
521 posts
  •  
shyfire
What pm and Vrap said. Get it checked asap. My clot symptoms were exactly like that. Hope it is just muscular (())
Jun 2013
9:19pm, 10 Jun 2013
157 posts
  •  
Phil70
After an 11-mile run, I had some pains in the chest and booked myself in with the GP the next day. I was sent for a chest x-ray which thankfully proved it was just a slight strain in a heart muscle (rest needed). Don't assume that your case is the same as mine. Please get it checked out so you can put your mind to rest.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gymfreak
Has anyone had it/get it after endurance events?

My chest hurts on the left side and it's quite ...