We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Chelmsford Marathon

12 watchers
Jun 2021
10:56pm, 13 Jun 2021
2445 posts
  •  
  •  
Fitz
Looby Loo, I ran Chelmsford in 2016 and the route is here...

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/route-1768575

It may have changed since then though.
Jun 2021
10:11am, 14 Jun 2021
6550 posts
  •  
  •  
Surrey Phil
Apart from the first year in 2014, the course has been the same as what Fitz has provided.

There is a small three mile lap to start with before heading out west into the countryside. It is neither pancake flat or too hilly, and a good time is very much achievable. There is a steady incline (nothing to worry about) from miles 10-13 although the steepest ones are at miles 16 and 20. The marshals are fantastic too.
Jun 2021
2:09pm, 14 Jun 2021
1237 posts
  •  
  •  
Looby Loo
Many thanks Fitz and Phil.
The course is definitely my cup of tea.

A nice big loop on rural roads like I’m used to.

Now should I or shouldn’t I?
Aug 2021
9:14pm, 16 Aug 2021
6891 posts
  •  
  •  
Surrey Phil
Just remembered to sign-up. Looking forward to it already!
Oct 2021
6:32pm, 2 Oct 2021
7226 posts
  •  
  •  
Surrey Phil
Two weeks to go - unprepared and undertrained. Did Brighton recently but more of a run-walk as I had calf issues and it was very warm. Not trained since as still a bit tender so the marathon itself might be my only run for five weeks!

I presume the race packs will be sent next weekend. No e-mails or updates from the J's Hospice or Nice Work as yet.

Biggest concern is getting to Chelmsford. I usually travel up by car but that is questionable if the fuel issues continue beyond next week. I am reluctant to pay £100 without breakfast at the local Travelodge. I could do bus-train-walk-train but that would mean leaving the house very early to catch the first train at 5.30 am just in case there is a cancellation along the way.
Oct 2021
10:08am, 16 Oct 2021
7398 posts
  •  
  •  
Surrey Phil
Mass start in operation but to respect social distancing.

Petrol now OK so I'll drive up on the morning. Not expecting a good run personally but to just to get around in about five hours will do.
Oct 2021
2:11pm, 18 Oct 2021
7411 posts
  •  
  •  
Surrey Phil
Enjoyed the run but struggled with fitness due to lack of training time following injury. The aim was to finish so can't complain.

There are some videos on YouTube which should include everyone taking part yesterday. These are close to the drinks station near Writtle College.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave
Anyone else?