Cheese Watch: Have you got Christmas Cheeses

4 watchers
Dec 2016
9:33pm, 28 Dec 2016
19,668 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Mmmmm - I do like brie. Waitrose cheese counter have Somerset and Cornish ones. I'll look for Vallage and get a taster.

I'd like to try a cheese I saw on one of Jamie and the other bearded bloke's C4 progs where a farm was reviving a cheese. Just being sold locally at the mo. (Can't remember which county it was.)

I really like Waitrose's cheese counter - it's small but perfectly formed. There used to be a lovely old Italian chap who worked there. He was very gruff in a loveable curmudgeon sort of way. If I described what sort of thing I wanted, he'd assertively say "You want this" and chop me off just the right amount of something which fitted the bill perfectly and thrust it into my hand.
Dec 2016
11:41am, 29 Dec 2016
14,150 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
still have CHeddar, wensleydale with cranberries, stilton, shropshire blue and brie left, and everyone has gone, so it is all MINE.
Dec 2016
11:54am, 29 Dec 2016
13,099 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
We were away for Christmas but NYE is going to be all about the cheese. Went to the supermarket yesterday and got a fine selection of significantly reduced in price dairy goodness :)
Dec 2016
11:58am, 29 Dec 2016
35,141 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I was going to ask if anywhere had good reduced-price Stilton or other festive cheeses. I should attempt to get myself to Booths because there's unlikely to be anything interesting out here in Darkest Jamland.
Dec 2016
2:05pm, 29 Dec 2016
14,153 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Well done YP. I just stocked up on Panetone, at 80% off....I should remember that cheese-wise.
Dec 2016
2:08pm, 29 Dec 2016
6,159 posts
  •  
Ding Dong Jambomo on High!!
I must have been to the same cheese seller as Wriggling Snake as I have those same cheeses left in the house as well. May need more crackers though.
Dec 2016
2:23pm, 29 Dec 2016
14,874 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
A mixed platter of cheese for lunch - Wensleydale with cranberries, cheddar with lemon, Brie and some kind of blue.
Dec 2016
2:24pm, 29 Dec 2016
6,143 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Have been eating various cheeses with crackers and home made chutney (not home made by me) since Boxing Day. Still got camembert, brie, cheddar, very small piece of stilton and a couple of others which I can't remember, left. Might have to have another plateful in a minute and maybe give going to Fat Club to be weighed a miss tonight :-o
Dec 2016
2:50pm, 29 Dec 2016
6,160 posts
  •  
Ding Dong Jambomo on High!!
I now have a bit less cheese left than I did before 😄
Dec 2016
2:53pm, 29 Dec 2016
14,155 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Ha! My chutney is home-made, by me, with stuff from the garden to boot.

Twiglets and cheddar.....

About This Thread

Maintained by Ocelot Spleens
As an alternative to that Mini Chocolate Bar thread, whilst checking our provisions I noticed:-

S...