Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Charnwood Marathon

3 watchers
Oct 2016
7:46am, 12 Oct 2016
11844 posts
EvilPixie
Hi,

I can see a lot of names in the race directory for previous years on this event but their website doesn't say much.

Can anyone comment on this?

Is it a nice one? I think it's a LDWA event so would really slow be ok?

I know in the past there has been a shorter route - was there last year?

Yes I've just got my reject magazine and want a pick me up!!

Live locally so tempted to enter.
Oct 2016
10:38pm, 12 Oct 2016
7161 posts
Duchess
Becca7 mentioned this only yesterday and called it lovely

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=59370

I know the route, having grown up very locally, and yes it's definitely lovely, but off-road and not flat. I'm sure I remember Lisrun blogging about it in very approving terms.
Oct 2016
6:34am, 13 Oct 2016
11845 posts
EvilPixie
Oh thank you. I guessed it may be bumpy when some 3:30 runners in here logged 5:30!!!
Oct 2016
6:43am, 13 Oct 2016
7556 posts
Ness
Sounds challenging. Are you looking for an off road marathon in particular, Pix? If it's local you're looking for, what about Leicester or Wolverhampton? I think a few people on Fetch have done these.
Oct 2016
7:59am, 13 Oct 2016
11846 posts
EvilPixie
local but fun
Feb 2019
10:24pm, 13 Feb 2019
76 posts
thomas h
What are the unmanned check points like , hard to see or huge ? worried about walking past them.
BTW the 2019 route instructions are giving a slightly different route at Bardon Hill quarry & just before Old John Tower check point

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
Hi,

I can see a lot of names in the race directory for previous years on this event but their web...