3 watchers
MAG
Jan 2012
2:17pm, 12 Jan 2012
117 posts
  •  
MAG
I think I am being blind/thick.

I have had the idea of using the championships functionality to try and see if I can get a local (not club, but local area) championships started on here for the Hull Area. Thinking of picking a couple of 5km (Parkrun) 4 or 5 10km and a couple of longer races.

Now I am not sure if the championships functionality can do this, I was hoping to invite fetches I know in the area and hopefully get the word spread….then more locals will start to use Fetch, but I cant for the life of me find this functionality. Have I dreamt it?

Thanks,

MAG
Jan 2012
4:15pm, 12 Jan 2012
3,340 posts
  •  
frangale
Hullo

I have no idea how to do this, but I am a Fetchie in the Hull area :)
MAG
Jan 2012
3:42pm, 13 Jan 2012
119 posts
  •  
MAG
Hello Fragale. I think I dreamt the functionality above...
I was hoping to have 8-10 races...a good group oh hull and area fetches and a league of some sort....to see improvement or otherwise.
I was thinking on the lines like East Hull Harriers Summer League:
Couple of named Parkruns, say 100 and 110 (not checked dates)
Beverley 10km, Walkington 10km, Humber Bridge 10km, Humber Half and Elloughton 10km..and maybe one or two more. (Withernsea 5m, Burton Pidsea 10km maybe).

Then if there was enough local fetches it may create some interest.....but looks like I have been dreaming.....could maybe spreadsheet it though...what do you think?
Jan 2012
3:50pm, 13 Jan 2012
3,046 posts
  •  
icemaiden
Fetch has put a link on the race web pages to enter a race into a club championship. He hasn't decided what to do with the results yet..... we have been discussing it on the FERC thread but he hasn't actioned anything yet. http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=8749&page=347.

It was in the newsletter, you didn't dream it.
Jan 2012
3:56pm, 13 Jan 2012
10,798 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Not coming south of the River, MAG?
MAG
Jan 2012
11:14am, 16 Jan 2012
120 posts
  •  
MAG
South of the river is always an option. I did Brigg 10km last year...really enjoyed it. So if it works out...why not? What's the best races to go for look at?

Icemaiden, thanks for that, I'll go have a good look round that link at lunch...very much appreciated...

MAG
Jan 2012
12:38pm, 16 Jan 2012
10,808 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Can I propose the Mablethorpe (Half) Marathon if you're interested in a longer race?

And Clee AC are having a midweek 10k at Covenham on May 30th. Obviously, all are welcome, but it would mean getting home late...
Jan 2012
4:59pm, 16 Jan 2012
3,341 posts
  •  
frangale
There's a Cleethorpes beach race I usually do, think its in Feb usually, so a bit soon
MAG
Jan 2012
12:49pm, 20 Jan 2012
121 posts
  •  
MAG
Looking at the links above it seems the functionality is only for FERC members. I'll put a email together for the lord to read....see what he says...

Will be in touch, I hope.

MAG
Jan 2012
1:06pm, 20 Jan 2012
10,831 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Feb 12th for the beach cross-country.

It's my club's race, it's in the league, but as my priorities lie elsewhere (in Stamford) that weekend, alack, I shall not be there...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by MAG
I think I am being blind/thick.

I have had the idea of using the championships functionality to t...