Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Caythorpe Canter

2 watchers
Apr 2013
7:02pm, 2 Apr 2013
28 posts
brer rabbit
Just entered this as a lsr plod pre VLM, will probably be on my own and am crap with navigation. Anyone else doing it to whom I can tag along with or any Garmin routes I can put in watch (ha ha, if only I knew how to do this!!)
Cheers
Apr 2013
8:14pm, 2 Apr 2013
14226 posts
hellen
I had a friend who did it last year think he said he found a garmin route online
Apr 2013
8:43pm, 2 Apr 2013
29 posts
brer rabbit
Hey Hellen, my Wolves marathon pacer. How are you? I have read your blogs on recent events...blimey girl-you is good! Congratulations.

I could do with the route if it isnt too much hassle..love the LDWA type events but cant navigate out of a carpark.
Are you doing Thunder Run 24 this year? Would love to meet you properly instead of glimpsing you emerging from bushes with motorbike :)
Apr 2013
8:48pm, 2 Apr 2013
14227 posts
hellen
Ha ha you make me sound naughty coming out bushes with motorbike!!
I think friend goes onto garmin connect or training centre and searches for the routes that way

Am thinking of possibly doing this but probably won't

No not doing thunder run, don't like off road that much unless it is nice canal , think tr too much for me and in the dark
Doing Basel 24 hour in may and tooting bec in September. One track one Tarmac
Apr 2013
10:38pm, 2 Apr 2013
30 posts
brer rabbit
Oh-Hellen...please come along. Lots of flapjacks at cps..I'm a bit of a nutter-like you, just a nice Saturday jaunt:)
Apr 2013
9:28pm, 3 Apr 2013
4 posts
marlan
Hi there,

Did the half last year, and the course is marked. Think you have to navigate for the full, im doing the half as i'm tapering for London.
Its a great, low key event, and you can have a shower after and then get settled in for the grub!!

A great way to spend a Saturday morning! :)
Apr 2013
9:56pm, 3 Apr 2013
31 posts
brer rabbit
Cheers marlan, I'm doing London too, just fancied a low key plod last lsr of 26 miles
WA
Apr 2013
10:00pm, 3 Apr 2013
3985 posts
WA
Brer rabbit - I know nothing about the race in question, but I heart your fetchname! One of my favourite books as a child :-)
Apr 2013
7:13pm, 4 Apr 2013
32 posts
brer rabbit
Mine too WA :)
Apr 2013
7:28pm, 4 Apr 2013
324 posts
Dooogs
Ditto - I still remember the tar baby from when I was little... :)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by brer rabbit
Just entered this as a lsr plod pre VLM, will probably be on my own and am crap with navigation. Any...