Carnethy 5 Hill Race Sat 11th Feb 2012

5 watchers
Feb 2012
7:09am, 1 Feb 2012
5,660 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
My friend is still looking for a place, too - I think she must be around the same as bedlam_g on the waiting list (though not as fast! ;-)). I think she has given up hope, but still maybe worth just to give them a call/email to find out, dd? Good luck!
Feb 2012
1:58pm, 1 Feb 2012
354 posts
  •  
Lexo
Not sure , he said he got home from work and applied at 6:00 so 15 mins after entries closed so quite near the top I would imagine
dd
Feb 2012
8:10pm, 1 Feb 2012
249 posts
  •  
dd
Cheers for the info guys I have emailed the organisers to see if there is any hope of getting a place. Will let you know how it goes!
dd
Feb 2012
9:52am, 2 Feb 2012
250 posts
  •  
dd
Just to let you know that Bedlam_g has finally managed to get an entry to the race. Phew phew phew! Waiting list does work folks :) Many thanks for all your assistance with this
Feb 2012
10:43am, 2 Feb 2012
5,666 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Fantastic!

So did he get in via the waiting list? If so, can you tell what his place on the list was?

Just wondering whether there's still a chance for my friend to get in, too. (Or, if anyone else has a place spare, please think of her. Ta!)
dd
Feb 2012
10:54am, 2 Feb 2012
251 posts
  •  
dd
Not sure SpicedApple he just got an email this morning saying he had an invite to join the race. Just as I was going to email the organisers as well! (as I never got round to it last night). I think he was a similar position to your friend on the list as they signed up about the same time. Fingers crossed she gets a place as well :)
Feb 2012
4:47pm, 2 Feb 2012
5,667 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Thanks, dd! Fingers crosed. See you both there!
Feb 2012
4:41pm, 3 Feb 2012
1,129 posts
  •  
JaneyM
I am going to try and come and watch you all - it is only a five minute run from my house so no excuses really :)
Feb 2012
9:54am, 10 Feb 2012
5,692 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
My friend never got a place. :-( There was a very kind offer from someone, but it was after ther period in which transfers were allowed, and she never made it through the waiting list.

Will be nice to see you, JaneyM! Where will you be? (And don't forget your camera for all those very pained looks of runners suddenly wishing they had never got a place. ;-))

Does anyone know what the conditions are like in the Pentlands? Snow and ice?
Feb 2012
11:20am, 10 Feb 2012
1,136 posts
  •  
JaneyM
It doesn't look to bad up the hill today - there is a smattering of snow but it is not looking too bad.

What time does the race actually start (from the old kirk road?) I am walking up from my house (which is only 5 mins away) but want to know just what time to head up for. The website isn't too clear. I will bring my camera and will shout lots and lots at you all.

Say hi if you see me and Rhona - we will be Fetched up! Good luck all :)

About This Thread

Maintained by dd
After promising to take care of my husband's (Bedlam_g) entry to this race I completely forgot, the...