Carnegie Hall

5 watchers
Mar 2016
2:42pm, 21 Mar 2016
8,146 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
After watching one of my co-coach trainees yesterday with some very impressive squat jumps - her secret being extensive weight-training - I am considering re-joining the gym down the road for lunchtime use. I'm not fond of gyms, but there is no denying they have a place for things like weights. I could buy stuff to use at home but would I??

This may not qualify for Carnegie though....
Mar 2016
2:48pm, 21 Mar 2016
8,991 posts
  •  
Sharkie
If you bought stuff - or joined the gym - then it would certainly qualify for Carnegie. Of course intention is not enough - I envisage the thread partly as an online, more friendly, less naggy version of whoever it was told you not to forget your piano practice, but also somewhere to report those small successes along the road (to New York)
Mar 2016
2:49pm, 21 Mar 2016
8,992 posts
  •  
Sharkie
of course you could just commit to practicing squat jumps three times a week, AL.
Mar 2016
3:10pm, 21 Mar 2016
8,147 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Well I could - but I'm not sure on their own they would be effective enough...
Mar 2016
3:13pm, 21 Mar 2016
23,146 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Yes but nowt to do with running.A combination of things to get me a daytime job
Mar 2016
3:30pm, 21 Mar 2016
8,993 posts
  •  
Sharkie
If I want to get my Spanish, Italian and French to where tey were ten years ago... I am going to have to practice a bit every day. Just a bit every day isn't too much to ask and I don;t need to do all three every day.

I have just completed the requisite Duolingo Spanish revision. TICK!
Mar 2016
3:32pm, 21 Mar 2016
8,994 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Mm, I have to think about that Night-Owl. Geting a new job would be a big Carnegie... and there is that thing about all journey's starting with a single step. What do you see as the first step you need to take ... and are you prepared to do it?
Mar 2016
3:58pm, 21 Mar 2016
8,148 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Well I really don't want to go back to the old one I used to be a member of, but I have discovered another only a couple of minutes' walk further. I used to quite like going at lunchtime. I might go and visit tomorrow...
Mar 2016
4:00pm, 21 Mar 2016
23,147 posts
  •  
Night-owl
My curent email address isn't really professional so a separate one for the purpose of the new job. That's the easy bit. Would have to do something each day or at least most days

Listing skills I have that would be suitable for the new
Mar 2016
4:02pm, 21 Mar 2016
23,148 posts
  •  
Night-owl
My curent email address isn't really professional so a separate one for the purpose of the new job. That's the easy bit. Would have to do something each day or at least most days

Listing skills I have that would be suitable for the new job. Etc

Bought the latest parachute book which I rate. To get more ideas

Trouble is I at this point don't know exactly what I want

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
perfect practice makes perfect

A Cinderella sister thread to 'Do a New Thing for Spring', in th...