Cape Verde

3 watchers
Jun 2017
12:20am, 23 Jun 2017
17,107 posts
  •  
flanker
Off there shortly, to Sal, so has anyone been there and got any info on the running? Routes, type of terrain, etc?

ta.
Jun 2017
7:09pm, 23 Jun 2017
231 posts
  •  
Silent Runner
No idea, but I'll give this a bump for the evening crowd...
Jun 2017
7:59pm, 23 Jun 2017
732 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
Something here perhaps.. type this into Google as I can't get the link

Running on Sal, Cape Verde – Run Welshman
Jun 2017
8:34pm, 23 Jun 2017
12,429 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Cape Verde is on my "maybe" list for a holiday in early October. Would love to get some feel for what it's like from areal person that isn't trying to sell me a holiday!
Jun 2017
9:04pm, 23 Jun 2017
4,897 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
My sister and BIL went there in January. From what she described its the sort of place you go to lounge on a sunbed for a fortnight in an all inclusive resort. She went as she was recovering from a major illness and just needed to get away so it was ideal but as a running venue I get the impression that it won't be that great.
Jun 2017
9:04pm, 23 Jun 2017
4,898 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
My sister and BIL went there in January. From what she described its the sort of place you go to lounge on a sunbed for a fortnight in an all inclusive resort. She went as she was recovering from a major illness and just needed to get away so it was ideal but as a running venue I get the impression that it won't be that great.
Jun 2017
6:36pm, 24 Jun 2017
17,117 posts
  •  
flanker
It's definitely a relaxing by the pool with a cocktail type place, which is fine as I'm shattered and have Lakeland 100 the following week (the enforced taper will be good, the weight gain less so!), but I do fancy a few easy trots out to keep the legs moving. Might have a play on google maps and check out the above 'link'.

AC - remind me early Aug and I'll let you know wha i think of it.
Jun 2017
7:47pm, 24 Jun 2017
12,436 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Will do! Have a great break B-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by flanker
Off there shortly, to Sal, so has anyone been there and got any info on the running? Routes, type o...