Can you edit a route?

1 watcher
Apr 2018
3:55am, 15 Apr 2018
170 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
I'm sure I've retrospectively edited a route in the past, but I don't seem to be able to today. I have a route where I lost GPS for a bit in the middle. It was on an out-and-back section, so I was going to manually edit it to be correct, but I can't! fetcheveryone.com/routes-view.php?id=1790693
Apr 2018
8:44am, 15 Apr 2018
8,472 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I can't edit it, but I think that's because it's not my route. If I open up one of my routes I do get an edit option in the green buttons on the top right part of the screen. I only use it if it's messed up at the end of a route because you have to undo from the end. If it's gone wrong early on it's sometimes easier just to redo it all.

Hope this helps :-)
Apr 2018
2:30pm, 15 Apr 2018
15,839 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Yes, you can. If you select your own route, there will be seven green buttons in the upper right. "Edit" it the middle one.

As Little Nemo said though, an awful lot of undoing to do (I'm guessing GPS was off between toughly 11 and 11.9 km?). If I have that (usually because I have paused the watch and forgotten to restart it), I will adjust the time and distance in the boxes to correct them rather than edit the route.
Apr 2018
2:38pm, 15 Apr 2018
15,840 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Also - wow, that's quite a route! Hilly :-).
Apr 2018
8:16pm, 15 Apr 2018
172 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Thanks, not quite what I was hoping (to drag nodes from the middle section of the route), but better than nothing!

Yes, it was incredibly hilly, I walked quite a lot and was very happy to finish, despite being 4th from last!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jenelopy
I'm sure I've retrospectively edited a route in the past, but I don't seem to be able...