Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Can paint fumes / white spirit fumes actually cause a throat 'infection'?

3 watchers
Feb 2015
8:08pm, 8 Feb 2015
5070 posts
Little Nemo - this kitten can
Sorry to hear that, Lailiaicha. Hopefully it is pharyngitis and the antibiotics will start to work soon. I had it years ago and it's horrid but I think it went quite quickly after I started antibiotics. I remember my mother liquidising my dinner because I couldn't swallow properly!
Feb 2015
8:27pm, 8 Feb 2015
1184 posts
philbo
Go to A&E ?? really mmm , the fumes would not give you an infection , they are not meant to be inhaled over a long period of time but doubt they would cause any long term damage.
Feb 2015
8:47pm, 8 Feb 2015
1586 posts
Minnie Mad
Years ago I helped my Granddad to strip the paint off a wall in my bedroom. A couple of hours later I came down with a crippling sore throat but no other symptoms which lasted about 24 hours before wearing off. I have always been careful when painting and decorating to have all the windows open and suggest sleeping in another room (even if its on the floor somewhere) for a couple of nights until the fumes have gone. At the time I put it down to an allergic reaction which is not a proper diagnosis but paint has some nasty stuff in it so I treat it with respect.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
On Tuesday evening my OH painted the bedrooms wall with a waterproof paint to keep out the damp. Des...