Campaign for better sizes for race finishers T-shirts, particularly for ladies.

5 watchers
Oct 2014
12:15pm, 15 Oct 2014
10 posts
  •  
hookyspelooky
The only size remaining when I finished at Perkins was a M, and it is decidedly tent like. Why oh why do organisers not take not of sizes when taking entries and then order the requisite amount of each size. The cotton Tees I generally use as loungewear, so size isn't so important, but if you're going to go to the effort of giving out technical clothing it needs to fit appropriately.
Oct 2014
11:33am, 27 Oct 2014
2 posts
  •  
Moominmark
The medium shirt I got at the Perkins fits me the same as every other medium short I have so the shirts weren't any larger than their sizes suggested they should be.

Sounds like as someone saus they needed to have an XS available.
Oct 2014
12:35pm, 27 Oct 2014
819 posts
  •  
Kirsty
At the Richmond Running Festival they gave out separate mens and ladies fitting Nike technical t shirts, in all sizes down to XS. It's a lovely running top and fits me perfectly.
Oct 2014
12:40pm, 27 Oct 2014
3 posts
  •  
Shiru
interesting discussion very few races make XS for ladies. i have 2 XS Cardiff half marathon technical t-shirts and they are like a dress and i'm not that short. i agree that organisers should be more pro-active by catering for men and women
Oct 2014
12:46pm, 27 Oct 2014
17,240 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Ladies' fit is the way to go.
Oct 2014
1:51pm, 27 Oct 2014
5,659 posts
  •  
The_Saint
I'm 6'3", I never even bother picking up a shirt unless it is S or XS, it is quite remarkable the degree to which fat has become the new Medium even in an activity such as running.
Oct 2014
2:19pm, 27 Oct 2014
971 posts
  •  
MarkyMarkMark
However, being on the chunkier end of the spectrum (we're all on a spectrum ;-)) at a 43" chest and 6'2", I find the XL is often too large (tent) or too small (boob tube), and the L is normally laughably short (crop top!).

The old cotton Run for All were hilarious - mine all ended up being passed to my OH for bed ware (longer and skinnier Tees than would fit a normal average male human!), the new tech tees are almost perfect.

I keep telling myself they're free tee shirts. But they're not really, are they?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by TrudiP
I have just measured the technical T-shirt given at the Peterborough, great Eastern half marathon. I...